Velox One ( Nokta )

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
I will be getting the Velox one today in the mail.Are there any current Velox users with any good advice using this unit?I will do a short video of the Detector and the Nokta Pin pointer when I un box.Im Looking forward to using this very deep relic/coin hunter and finding some deep ones.I also see the response speed is very fast .I currently have the fors core and that is lightning fast.If this is even close I will be happy.Anything I should know please point it out.Thanks folks. Jim

OP
OP
N

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
The Velox One arrived a few days ago.After an easy assembly I had the unit up and running in no time.I had heard the weight of the velox was slightly heavier than the fors core.I was surprised the difference in weight was un-detectable when swinging the unit.Once again like the fors core Nokta did a great job balancing the machine out.I also thought I would miss the VDI readout alot more than I did.The tones are very clear,easy to tell apart so the VDI isn't necessary.I currently have the 11 inch coil which in my opinion is a good size for the deep targets,yet can still separates well in the trash.I have air tested the machine with a few coins and this thing really has some depth.I really like the audio boost features on this model.you have 3 levels to choose from.I like 2 ,seems to be the most useful for all around detecting.I really like the Iron Audio adjustment.This is a feature all units need.I should have a chance for a hunt next weekend and really give the Velox a good workout.The crops are coming down and the Velox is rdy to vacuum up whats left.With the depth and Iron capabilities I think we should find alot of great relics my othert units missed. Good Hunting everyone Jim T

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I see the new Nokta Fors Core uses only 4 AA batteries .. Were as the Velox one uses a big battery pack .. And the cores has pinpointing..

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see the new Nokta Fors Core uses only 4 AA batteries .. Were as the Velox one uses a big battery pack .. And the cores has pinpointing..

Actually Velox comes with 8 AA batteries. The rechargeable lipo battery is optional. But it is true that FORS CoRe has a lot of added features. It is digital, has pinpointing, target IDs, ID masking, LED flashlight, vibration, ground tracking etc. etc.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually Velox comes with 8 AA batteries. The rechargeable lipo battery is optional. But it is true that FORS CoRe has a lot of added features. It is digital, has pinpointing, target IDs, ID masking, LED flashlight, vibration, ground tracking etc. etc.
Kellyco loaned me a CoRe and asked me to do a beach test at Daytona Beach with it, I was quite impressed with it's performance on a saltwater beach for a single freq detector, I had no falsing going from water at water's edge to the wet sand after placing it in beach mode and manual ground balancing it.

I tested trash iron targets that I placed on the surface and CoRe gave no response from the iron. I then located multiple buried iron targets with my Excalibur, marked them and went back and tested the marked targets with the CoRe and again no response on the iron targets.

I really loved the vibrating handle, that is a fantastic feature and the built in LED lights were another nice feature.

OP
OP
N

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Yes my fors core only uses 4 batteries.But with the Velox one use's the rechargeable battery pack so no issue's with battery cost.How they get so much performance out of 4 batteries baffles me.Seems like you would need more juice to get the depth the fors is capable of.I havent killed the Velox battery pack yet.I have about 5 hrs on it and battery indicators are still red showing full battery.I got just about 30 hours on my 1st set of batteries using the fors core.I'm happy with that.I was also provided with rechargeable batteries and a charger with the fors core pro pack.They should last a few years.The added features on the core deff make it a top notch machine for relic and coin hunting.I have some very expensive units costing alot more than either of my Nokta's and they don't perform nearly as well on deep targets or in Iron/trash.Big thumbs up to Nokta,I couldn't be happier.:thumbsup:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
The more i hear and see of the Fors core the more i real want one...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread