golden mask pulse detector

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
depends on what type hunting you are going to be doing. You need to be more specific. Otherwise, it's like asking people: "what's the best motor vehicle to purchase?". The answers would be: a) are you looking to do 140 mph? then consider a corvette. b) are you looking to take a bunch of kids to soccer practice each day? Then consider a mini-van. c) are you looking to haul gravel and dirt? The consider a dump truck. d) are you wanting to pull stumps out? Then consider a low-geared truck. e) good gas mileage? Consider a mini-cooper.

So too is it with metal detecting: Eg.: beach? coins/relics? caches? nuggets/prospecting? etc... etc... etc.....

OP
OP
T

tommyj1978

Nov 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
depends on what type hunting you are going to be doing. You need to be more specific. Otherwise, it's like asking people: "what's the best motor vehicle to purchase?". The answers would be: a) are you looking to do 140 mph? then consider a corvette. b) are you looking to take a bunch of kids to soccer practice each day? Then consider a mini-van. c) are you looking to haul gravel and dirt? The consider a dump truck. d) are you wanting to pull stumps out? Then consider a low-geared truck. e) good gas mileage? Consider a mini-cooper.

So too is it with metal detecting: Eg.: beach? coins/relics? caches? nuggets/prospecting? etc... etc... etc.....

Well I wanna do all of those but I wanna be able to detect really deep so im looking at a machine that can do it all if there is one.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Well I wanna do all of those but I wanna be able to detect really deep so im looking at a machine that can do it all if there is one.

I guess what I said didn't sink in. There IS no machine that can "do it all". Just as there is no one motor vehicle that can do all that I gave, as examples.

And as for "deep", well what type targets? I mean, doh, we ALL want to "go deep" with our detectors. Who doesn't? But at what cost of other functions? And what type targets and type sites are you going to be searching? Eg. : nuggets? caches? individual coins or jewelry? beach? furroughed fields? ghost-townsy type sites? park-turf? etc....

You haven't told us anything. But how about this, if your answer is simply "what goes deepest", irregardless of target type, then sure, go out and git yourself a GPX 5000. You can get up to 2 ft. on a coin (who could ask for more?). You can get caches down to as deep or deeper than a 2 box machine! (who could ask for more?). And you "won't miss anything!" (who could ask for more?).

next, take that "deepest machine" GPX 5000 to the nearest inner city blighted junky park. Or ghost town etc.... Then hop back on the forum, and let us know how you did with that "deepest machine".

I think you'll get the point of what I'm trying to tell you, in a heart-beat. :hello:

OP
OP
T

tommyj1978

Nov 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im sorry, im new to all of this. I would like to hunt for caches, so I want something that can detect up to 20 ft or more.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Let me guess. You're not from the United States, right? Or at least are native of another country before moving here. So some place like Mexico, or the Phillipines, etc... right? Anytime someone says they need to go "20 ft. deep" ("3 to 5 meters, etc...), this is the giveaway they're from some such country where those lores and legends abound. And sure, they're all iron-clad true though , no doubt. :tongue3:

Now that you've clarified you're after caches (and not individual coins, relics, jewelry, nuggets, etc..), we can start to get someplace. You're going to want a 2-box unit. Like a Whites TM 808. HOWEVER, let me tell you ahead of time: The ONLY objects that can be detected down that deep, even with a 2-box unit, are going to have to be the size of a volkswagon!

So how big is the objects you're thinking you're going to find?

And what makes you think this/these objects are, of necessity, that deep anyhow ? If someone intended to come back and retrieve the object at a later date, then why oh why oh why would they go to the trouble of burying that deep? A mere 1 ft. deep versus 20 ft. deep, are EQUALLY invisible from the surface. Right?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom is right of course. The GPX 5000 Tom mentioned will in fact go extremely deep, but it will sound off on junk items that deep. After digging a couple of those holes your ready for a nap.

Blue

Jan 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi tom I Bought a golden mask to look for caches I'm also from mexico but I don't need to go 20 feet anyways I was hoping if you could help me as I don't know what I'm doing here with this pulse induction machine I don't know the basic steps as I am new to this and was hoping you could help me out thanks man.

snagletooth

Oct 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What has which country he comes from got to do with it? It strikes me as if you think you know it all. Well this guy seems new to this hobby. Do you remember that far back when you first started. Or did you also know it all then!!

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whites tm 808 good to about 15' but if you do find something hope you got a excavator for the that kind of depth LOL!

GMD

Tenderfoot
Nov 27, 2015
Aix en Provence, France
Detector(s) used
Banditto II, Minelab X-Terra 705, Teknetics T2, Sorex Pro, Golden Mask 1+ UK
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Golden Mask Deep Hunter is engineered to go really deep, but it will perform good only on large targets, lets say 3" or larger.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread