Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Infinium L/S
Deep Tech Vista X
Headhunter Pirate Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been hunting it since its introduction in the States this past summer (2019) This in my opinion is one Powerful tool. With excellent discrimination for a non screen (computer dependent) machine. This machine has been hunted and described by more well versed and qualified hunters than I. (With videos ) A real back to basics machine. Pictured is a Stirling Bracelet picked out of a trashy beach area very near to the pictured vessel.

Attachments

• IMG_20191226_052646_kindlephoto-4806424.jpg
    IMG_20191226_052646_kindlephoto-4806424.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 20200104_084554_kindlephoto-19583376.jpg
    20200104_084554_kindlephoto-19583376.jpg
    531.6 KB · Views: 76

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dancer,

I'm considering one of these as a backup to my Deus - How do you deal with pull tabs
- I was hoping it worked like the Tejon where you could setup the primary disc knob to just above pull tab and still hit nickels and the secondary disc just below cans.

I'm not a beach hunter so this might not be ideal because you would have probably disc out small gold items this way though?

Kitz

Nov 12, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Golden Umax, Bandido II Umax, Sand Shark. DeepTech Vista X. Minelab Vanquish 540.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dancer,

I'm considering one of these as a backup to my Deus - How do you deal with pull tabs
- I was hoping it worked like the Tejon where you could setup the primary disc knob to just above pull tab and still hit nickels and the secondary disc just below cans.

I'm not a beach hunter so this might not be ideal because you would have probably disc out small gold items this way though?

I recently got a Vista X but have only been able to do air tests with it inside due to snow and frozen ground outside (grrr!). A nickel will start low-toning (i.e., discriminate out) before my sample pull tab will. BUT... the same thing happens on my Tejon. Pull tabs come in different alloys; some have the same conductivity as a nickel or even less, while others are more conductive.

So all that is to say that if the Tejon can knock out the pull tabs encountered in your area while still accepting nickels, chances are the X will as well.

-Ken

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread