Anyone ever use the Little Wizard?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

it
    Nov 2007
    Chicago
    White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
    3 times

Anyone ever use the Little Wizard?

I was thinking of picking up a cheapy pinpointer and have been told about the Little Wizard (a probe-like studfinder in actuality). I've seen guys on E-bay push them for both studfinding and "treasurehunting". I don't expect it to blow away the Vibra-probe or anything, I just wanted to try it out because it's pretty cheap. Thanks in advance for any help.

J
    "Go deep or go home" - LAdigger

Dec 2006
    YOUNGSTOWN OHIO
    ACE 250

Re: Anyone ever use the Little Wizard?

how ironic i was just about to post this same question.
    theres also a wizard vib pro 1 and 2 i would like to know a little about , if somebody
    has used those too. * these seem to be made/advertised more for the metal detecting hobby market *

the little wizard looks like a razor ~ the vib pro 1 and 2 look like a gun with waterproof barrell.

any users of these 3 items ?

thanks

it
    Nov 2007
    Chicago
    White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
    3 times

Hmmm...I definately wouldn't get a pinpointer that is shaped like a gun, especially where I'm detecting. It'd bad enough I carry a Lesche. Although I understand the reasoning behind a pinpointer gun, getting one of those would be out of the question for this city detector. Anyway, I think I'll pick up the LW tonight if I can find one, and then I'll post a review as soon as the snow melts away enough for me to use it.

J

Dec 2006
    YOUNGSTOWN OHIO
    ACE 250

good point ~ maybe thats why they are making the #2 in the brite yellow and salmon colored plastic so not to be mistaken as such.
    im currently using the bottom part of a wild planet (cheap 20.00 kids detector) for a pinpointer.

us
    "Dew" Meeker

Mar 2006
    Gulf Coast, Fl
    MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
    1192 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (4)

Those little Wizzards are great. I used on until i got the Vibrapro... and for the money the depth on the little wizzard is better. Also if i put the Vibrapro in my left hand i dont always feel it vibrate. The wizzard gives off a great tone and is about 2" deep compared to the vibrapro which is 1". The wizzard will get dirt in it occassionally the more you use it and the vibrapro is locked tight.... hey but its $100. Also the wizzard doesnt give feed back like the vibrapro thru the detector. The wizzard is WELL worth the money for someone on a bugget.

Dec 2006
    YOUNGSTOWN OHIO
    ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by dewcon4414
    Those little Wizzards are great. I used on until i got the Vibrapro... and for the money the depth on the little wizzard is better. Also if i put the Vibrapro in my left hand i dont always feel it vibrate. The wizzard gives off a great tone and is about 2" deep compared to the vibrapro which is 1". The wizzard will get dirt in it occassionally the more you use it and the vibrapro is locked tight.... hey but its $100. Also the wizzard doesnt give feed back like the vibrapro thru the detector. The wizzard is WELL worth the money for someone on a bugget.
    so the one shaped like a large razor is better peeps........thanks for the review !

it
    Nov 2007
    Chicago
    3 times

Cool, thanks for the helpful review. I'm trying to find one locally before resorting to purchasing one online, but so far, no luck.

J

Dec 2006
    YOUNGSTOWN OHIO
    ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by twistidd
    Cool, thanks for the helpful review. I'm trying to find one locally before resorting to purchasing one online, but so far, no luck.

J
    the little wizard site has a store locator.
    i already struck out at lowes / harbor freight * most of the posts saying that it could be purchased
    there are from 2004 and 2005.

Sponsored Links