Viper Trident

Hoof Hearted

Feb 2, 2006
PA
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Viper Trident. I will be doing a good deal of beach/water detecting, as well as land detecting. Just wanted to know if this is a good machine. Compared to the Sand Shark you can't beat it for the price and the multiple uses.

Thanks,
hoof

this is my first detector by the way.

Here is the link, and a pretty good customer review
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/cobra/viper.htm
http://www.losttreasure.com/fieldtests/ArchiveView.cfm?ID=LT20070512

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl
theres a real good reason the the good price,,,, do a search on this site, on the viper an also the cobra beach magnet, you will find about 95% not happy at all.The sand shark would be a great machine for the beach in the water but not good to use on land, its a PI machine an you will have to dig every signal, has no Discrimination but.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried the Trident at Kellyco and turnd it down that day, I then tried and bought the Cobra beach magnet, and returned it the the very next day. Just my opinion, but I would not buy either.

Remember one of the major advantages to a mid-range or higher unit is the trade in, resale value they retain. Look at what the units go for used....

Good luck.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is very hard to find a detector that is well suited for beach and land hunting. Add to this the beach hunting might me wet saltwater sand or even in the water. The Trident isn't well suited for either of these areas sadly. Water detectors need to be able to handle saltwater and black sand together and the Viper Trident will be unstable there. It's use on dry land isn't up to par with the many other detectors by major manufactures, even the low end units of the line up.

Buying your first detector is a daunting task if you need to handle both dry land and water. You can't go by price alone. Many of us have more than one detector because we hunt both areas. Game hunters don't use just one caliber or firearm for all the game they harvest as one just doesn't do it well.

pinebarrens1

Dec 20, 2007
bayville nj
Detector(s) used
minelab xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i use a explorer xs for land and beach ....it can be beat .....you can find a used one for 400.00 ......pine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread