Gold in Hawaii?

Sep 14, 2012
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer, Garret Ace 350, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II, Tesoro Cibola, Fisher Gold Bug,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal Detecting Beaches...be the dork and find treasure!

My wife bought me a cheap MD on a black friday deal bless her heart but i am sure that will be fine snice im going to be looking for stuff people lose on the beach I just dont want to be that guy on the beach with the MD is it worth going early in the morn or late at night or is it too late my then?

Who cares what everyone else thinks if you have a gold ring in your pocket you picked up off the ground worth a few hundred bucks? If you are persistent you will find something on nice beaches. My wife and I went to Puerto Rico last month and I metal detected a very high end beach and found an 18K gold mens wedding band worth about $280 gold value. She may have been a little embarrassed with me at first, but after that she was very encouraging of my hobby! Below is a link to the video of my hunt:

You will find that people are curious about your hobby more than judgmental. A bit of advice: I would advise keeping some coins and pull tabs in one pocket and the valuables in another secure pocket...you don't want to flash your finds for everyone to see. It is a good way to get robbed or someone may "claim" your find.

DannyD72

Jan 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is obviously a lie. Gold is forced up with magma from the center of the earth. There should be gold there. It may be difficult to find, as the Hawaiian Islands are newer volcanic rock. There simply has not been time for the gold to weather out of the rocks, as there has been in places such as California, Arizona and Michigan's UP. There should also be diamonds in the area, as they too are formed in volcanic rock.

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife bought me a cheap MD on a black friday deal bless her heart but i am sure that will be fine snice im going to be looking for stuff people lose on the beach I just dont want to be that guy on the beach with the MD is it worth going early in the morn or late at night or is it too late my then?

Late at night rocks! No kids to follow you around asking you, "What are you doings?" "Have you found anything?"

I have a light that straps to my detectors and ponts down to to the coil. (It's great to to use to detect in the water!) Not sure who made it, I've had it so long.

I was in Hawaii in 1993. We went to this black sand beach. I looked around at the black sand and turned to my Mom. "I wonder if there's any place on the island to buy a gold pan!"

Her reply was, "I'm not going to get Grandchildren am I?" "There's a blonde in a skimpy gold bikini and your wanting to find gold!"
View attachment 730906

videoddvsystem.gif

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread