Uwharrie National Forest for gold

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes... I can pan out the cons, but, I also like to try new things too.
I have always wanted to build a miller table.. I like DIY projects.
Most of the stuff I use for prospecting I have built myself.

Uh oh.. just make sure it's a "real" miller table if you gonna call it that. Lol

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Iron Station NC and work in Concord. I'm always looking for new places to go prospecting.

lando

Greenie
Dec 4, 2015
oak hill wv
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where's some good places to come pan with the family in the area. I'm about 3 hours away and I'm only familiar with the troutman area

vän

Nov 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newbie on the forum (but long time lurker)...

Uwharrie has many small creeks that you can pan in, plus, you have campgrounds to stay in also. I have found a few flakes here and there over the years, but nothing major.

I found this thread the other day by doing some "Googling" and am even more confused now as to what is permissible to do in Uwharrie.:icon_scratch:

I've found this link about prospecting in Uwharrie, but reading the previous posts leaves some unanswered ???'s
National Forests in North Carolina - Recreation

I've seen a map of Uwharrie and where someone has claimed mineral rights to the majority of the forest?

I'll be calling the Rangers office tomorrow and see what the skinny is 'cause I was really hoping to do some dredging in the Uwharrie river this week.:hello2:

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't dredge in the river "inside the NF boundries.

vän

Nov 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just as a follow up, here is a map for the mineral rights that I obtained at the ranger station and the rules.

Scan_20151217.jpg Scan_20151217 (2).jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread