Mining Claims

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
from all that i have read on differant fourms, BE VERY CAREFULL. there are alot of scamers out there. just giving information that i have read and i believe to be true.
just trying to help out . take care and be safe out there. ron

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_pirat: CAVEAT EMPTOR-BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! especially sleezeplay renound sham skam king and paylesspalz even worse-John :icon_pirat:

nickinCA

Apr 15, 2009
Make sure you have a chance to test the claim before purchasing it. I've seen a couple sell on ebay that i know have no gold on them.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beware!
Scammers also will try to sell claims that they do not even own.

There is a lot you should consider before making any purchase, as there are many different types of claims,
as well as associated costs.

Here is the best link that I know of containing all the free info you need to get educated on the subject:
http://www.gemologistsam.net/introduction-to-filing-a-gold-mine-or-gold-panning-claim/

Video on filing your own claim:
http://prospectingchannel.com/how-to-file-mining-claim.html

GG~

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... that's kool, thanks for post en.....Goodyguy

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been contacted by 3 EBAY victims in 3 weeks who bought phoney claims in trinity county off that lousy site. Anyone want to buy a illegal claim on Skunk Point Campground for $1 that was paid #1,500 cash for offa sleezplay??? The horrible point is the phoney claim folks sold to a guy who just wanted to churn the illegal claim to another as soon as bought for more $$$$ and you know who stiffled that BS------John

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can do a claim check on LR2000. Contact BLM for info on this. If they don't offer the ORMC# and let you test the claim then I would pass it bye.
What state are you in?

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
Some claims are OVER FILES!

They file a claim over a previous claim in hopes the first will default.

They do not own them.

Go to Geo Communicator and see who owns them.

Claims showing up can be six monthes in the rear.

http://www.geocommunicator.gov/blmMap/Map.jsp?MAP=MC

You can file you own claim for $200.00 or so.

Maintence fees follow.

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't go by Geocommunicator, it is not kept up to date. When looking for a claim use LR2000 for up to date info. Also do your research. You can check the county records for the county that the claim is located in and see just who has that location located and recorded. The courts will usually favor the the first.
I like to use Geocommunicator.Gov for looking and getting info but you can't trust it.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When serious about a claim just call the BLM head office in your state and request "the claim file" for only 10 cents a page you get the truth--and this is where 95% fail the truth test.Only takes a couple a days and half the time free. I get section reports as that covers ALL OVERLAPPING BS CLAIMS and to thine own self be true and DO NOT get screwed outta your hard earned benjamins EVER-John

jbarker52

May 19, 2010
Well, I'm the king sucker of gold mining claim fraud!!! Bought one last year on EBAY that was miles from any gold and lost $500.00 down payment and about $ 700.00 in travel expenses to find worthless BLM land!! Even worse!!!! I payed a $1000.00 down and $750.00 in payments on a claim just outside Wickenburg Arizona. I have been there five or six times and spent over $6000.00 in equipment and travel expenses and have less than a gram of gold to show for it!!! I have stopped making payments
but it's a huge loss for me.

I ran into a prospector in Wickenburg Az. who had 40 grams of gold he drywashed on a club claim that he pays a small yearly fee to be a member of. I now believe firmly that joining clubs and working club claims is the only affordable way to prospect. WHO WOULD SELL A CLAIM WITH LOTS OF GOLD FOR A FEW THOUSAND DOLLARS???? RIPOFF ARTISTS WHO ELSE!!!!!! I've since heard that the guy from Dewey, Arizona I bought my Wickenburg claim from has a really bad reputation and burned a lot of guys like me. Join A Club!!!! John B.

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
I've been watching claims in an area for about 30 years. When gold was down some were being let go but it really dries up when gold is up. I'd be really leary of any claims for sale very cheap right now. There might be some out there that are up and up but a lot more that are scams. Do your research at the BLM and county before buying. Doug.

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My girlfriend and I just filed a claim on a very popular river here in Oregon back in September. From the date of location you have 90 days to file with BLM. I located on the 12th it was recorded with the proper county on the 29th and was recorded with BLM on the 5th of October. Due to an error on BLMs part with the entering of the claim into the LR2000 system it was not where it should have been.
The other day I was on ebay and saw my claim for sale for $5500.00. This other person had claimed it and was selling it within that 90 day period. He had located two days after we did.
I have contacted this person and the add has been pulled, I just hope we can settle this the easy way.
"My point" Check everything, if they have only had the claim for a short time be very cautious

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi polly513,

There have been alot of claims for sale all over the country. The ones I have seen for sale in the Black Hills range fron a claim for sale that was sandwiched on three sides by private land with no access and advertised as a 20 acre claim but was only 15 feet wide strip about 100 feet long. Another was on a patch of forest service land that never has had gold on it. There was also some that were old claims that were closed to any further minning by the forest service. Another claim was sold near Rochford SD that had no access except via a state owned trail that prohibits vehicle use. Do not buy a claim on line unless you can go and inspect it and meet with the person selling it. Be VERY carefull.

B H Prospector

CGC Miner

Nov 18, 2010
High Rockies
Detector(s) used
GB2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people are making big bucks on selling bogus claims. Something is not right when nearly every claim you see listed claims to be a good producer or has pages of info that is relevant to the genaral area but not the claim itself. Lets see some of the gold you have found there, and how long have you owned the claim? why are you selling? "need the money because of poor economy" then why don't you get out and dig your bonanza claim???
Overstaked claims may look good to the layman, but the buyer will have zero ownership or rights to the claim and minerals.
Here in CO we have an avid paper-staker who sells claims for big $$.
CGC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread