MD/DC new member wanting someone to mentor him

sc_man

Dec 27, 2010
I am new to the area (stationed here in the service) and new to the idea of prospecting and panning. I'm in the Fort Meade area.

I'm looking someone who can take me out and teach me the ropes of panning, when to pan, how to go about finding locations to pan, where its ok to pan and stuff like that.

If there are any groups in the area that are going out, please let me know when your going and what all I need to bring to get started.

Thanks
SC

Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SC_Man. I'm not in the NE. I can't help there, but may I suggest joining the GPAA. I am nolonger in the service, but I know they don't pay good. Hey listen..... thank you for your service and sacrifice.... I WILL PAY FOR THE GPAA. Yes. Look up my profile to get my e-mail. We'll work out a method to confirm you are you...( not someone jumping in)... And I pick up the tab. That would be the first step that should be taken to get LOTS of info from like-minded people... for starters. This is not a gift.... accept it as a sincere Thank you. (you already earned it!) :icon_thumleft: TTC

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Terry, you have a heart of GOLD. I hope he's who he says he is. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HH

Desertfox

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
desertfox said:
Terry, you have a heart of GOLD. I hope he's who he says he is. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HH

Desertfox
Hey guys. I was in the service.... and a 20 year cop.... if he's not "ligit" VE GOTT OUR VAYS! I'm not worried. TTC

Wayne P

Mar 28, 2010
Fayetteville, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Blisstool and Fisher F 75 SE
Terry C, a heartfelt Salute to you! Honor, Duty, Country..Seems you more than fill the bill Wishing you a HAPPY New Year

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry,

Thank you for giving us an example of what Being Good looks like.

My simple exercise plan for the winter, spring and early summer is going very nicely. After about three weeks of exercising for about one hour each morning before ANYTHING else gets in the way I am feeling better, dealing with the day better and looking forward to the day with a much kinder frame of mind. The exercise plan consists of floor exercises and two 5 pound weights. The big part is just doing the workout! I'm putting much emphasis on back strength and lots of stretches.

I'm also doing RESEARCH on areas to test out. I suspect that later this week I will even break out my XLT with the 6" and 3.5" coils and do a little tot lot snooping. I've a handyman job on Friday so that will bring in some useful cash.

Take care and have a SUPERB NEW YEAR!! 63bkpkr

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tnx guys, but my face is turning red. There are LOTS like me. Most will not know it, though, till chance steps in. 63, my excercise is just to try and stay active. The L3 to the S1 are held together with titanium... and very painful. Hydrotherapy, station machines, free weights... they've tried them all, including about a dozen procedures such as epidural blocks, etc. Just keep moving is the short term goal... enjoying life, the long term. They even suggested hypnotism... I laughed. Keep those neat pics coming. Tnx guys.... TTC

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry,

Great idea to pay back the ones who keep us free!! :notworthy:

sc_man,

Here is a link to a forum in the area/s nearest to where you're stationed, the members there are great with helping out newbies, especially the military, post on the forum and tell them your story and you should get a warm welcome and some help when someone close to you goes out prospecting.

http://au-prospecting.com/gold1/portal.php

Skip

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread