Upvote 0

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
:hello:

Nice looking gold!! Not bad for glacier gold. :thumbsup: How long did it take to collect approx. what you posted in the glass vial? Put in a couple pics from my panning trip this weekend got about 5 hours in between the snow and rain.

Attachments

• DSC03597.JPG
    DSC03597.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 669
  • DSC03602.JPG
    DSC03602.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 658

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
dpdkld said:
Ok not trying to copy but maybe we can start a "just one more pan pic thread" where we can get some pics of our better pans. This is a very good "one pan" in Missouri for that galacial gold AKA: Forcefully displaced Canadian gold!!
DPDKid, whats your method to collect this Mo gold? highbanker,test pans,?????looks like your on the spot!

OP
OP
dpdkld

dpdkld

Jun 28, 2009
Missouri
Well what I figure is that I am in a terminal morain area. Also alot of present streams seem to cross over ancient galcial streams which re-work that material. The outer banks of the current streams (fast side on bends) cut through and leave deep banks where you can see the old stratified glacial stream deposits. In general I havent been able to sample a good paystreak from the old glacial riverbeds but have in the current streams. The glass vial is gold from several pans and some sluicing (when I got enough flow) over a few months time. However when I go out I acutally only spend an hour or so panning/sluicing the better material once I have sampled around. I have spent three or so years really hitting many different sreams and have found 4 so far that really give nice gold. My most memorable moment was loosing a snuffer bottle with at least what you see in the vial in it to a stream a year and a half ago (Heck its probably made it to the Gulf of Mexico by now ;D) after a rain. When I started I utilized much of the information from Chucks book Midwest Prospecting which can be found on his site midwestprospector.com. Im not trying to sell for him but the book is priceless for us midwest folk trying our a$$es of to get what we can find. I wish I had a claim or place in a gold producing state to go but for the amount of time I could spend each year going there it just wouldn't make sense. That includes a club. I've been lucky enough to hit Alabama gold camp and did well, and the Black Hills, and Coker creek in TN but thats it. My dream would to have a really good place in Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Wyoming, Montana, California, Nevada that had some real good gold and a chance to get a decent nugget that I could try at least once. But until then I am homing in on my skills on finding what I can here in MO.

OP
OP
dpdkld

dpdkld

Jun 28, 2009
Missouri
My method is panning and sluicing when I can get a good flow of water. I have built a highbanker but still need a 12V pump or motor. I plann on hitting some of my better spots with it. I would say 80% sample pan 20% pan/sluice the good stuff.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
for the types of creeks/access in Missouri, your doing it right! i had a friend that passed away several years back and he was hitting the creeks/streams in the northern part of the state and he was documenting what he found in those streams. after he passed, his wife passed his notes to another friend, but he moved and i havent kept up with him. all those notes could make a good book!

stonecutter1

Apr 25, 2011
Shawnee, KS
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites MXT,Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
DPDkid, I just joined afew days ago. Definitely enjoyed your posts & pics. I am hoping to get out with my son and try some camping & panning up in the NW part of Missouri. We live in the K.C. area. I did some panning many many years ago in Virginia City, MT, found a little gold and got the fever. I am doing some researsh & plan to pick up Lassiter's book.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I saw on the news last night you should be able to pan just about anywhere in Missouri---oops now Misery as the floods,tornados and contamination is unleashed--bummer-keep your feet dry-John :'(

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Hoser John said:
From what I saw on the news last night you should be able to pan just about anywhere in Missouri---oops now Misery as the floods,tornados and contamination is unleashed--bummer-keep your feet dry-John :'(
John i wish that was the way it is ,but unfortunatly it isnt! lots of land owners/ranchers/farmers dont want the liability of anyone out on their land. sue crazy people just ruined it for everyone in all states!

Gramps43

Feb 27, 2011
Tillamook, OR
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh contrare me thinks he is very sane and knows his tribes well. :headbang:

Gramps

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GRAMPS,
YOU'RE PROBABLY RIGHT. HE'S THE FUNNY KINDA' NUTZ. NOT THE KINDA NUTZ THAT NEED TO BE PUT AWAY SOMEWHERE WITH NO WINDOWS.

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
PROSPECTORMIKEL

stonecutter1

Apr 25, 2011
Shawnee, KS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can anyone tell me where I find a copy of Chuck Lassiter's book. It was suppose to be out again in May. I cant find it anywhere, thanks.

FDray

Tenderfoot
Apr 17, 2012
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
FloydsBucketTotal.jpg MissouriPickeronSilverDollar.jpg Shelbysbuckettotal.jpg Here is some of my Missouri gold from around the Kearney Mo. area, Jessie James country.

FDray

Tenderfoot
Apr 17, 2012
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just some more Missouri gold and a Glacial diamond under UV light, yes there are diamonds in the till also! found near Holt Missouri. Diamond02.jpg MissouriGold.jpg waterbottle 2nd pan.jpg waterbottle first pan.jpg New Dredge11.jpg

stonecutter1

Apr 25, 2011
Shawnee, KS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dray, Thanks for the pics of your Missouri gold, very cool. I hope to get out with my son to do some panning. We are in the K.C. area. We have the pans and some supplies just hard to find the time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread