Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Feb 2011
    Upstate SC

Middle Tn gold?

I'm headed home to Humphreys County ( Waverly, Tn) this weekend and have not found anything about any gold being in Middle/Western Tn. Anyone know if it's there to play around with?

us
    Dec 2008
    Kansas City
    Ace 150 currently
    2 times

Re: Middle Tn gold?

Until recently I lived in waverly. I didn't find any but I didn't look very hard. As they say gold is where you find it. I don't imagine that there would be a whole motherlode but there could be enough to play with. Grab a pan and check out the creeks.

us
    Sep 2008

You hear rumors occasionally about someone finding gold in central tennessee but I have not ever seen the proof. As far as I know, the gold belt just includes the eastern part of tennessee where georgia and north carolina meet. The gold belt runs northeast from just east of birmingham, alabama northeast up into the virginias. Clipping east tennessee , north and central georgia, western north carolina and so forth.

us
    Good Luck and Heavy Pans

Feb 2011
    Winston, Georgia
    27 times
    Prospecting

you might want to hook up with these guys for gold in Tenn.

http://cokercreekgpaa.com/

good luck!
    Alan McCary
    SGMA-GPAA.COM
    WEGM

"what you hear you forget. what you see you remember. what you do you understand"

us
    Feb 2011
    Tillamook, OR
    White's 4900/D Pro Plus
    23 times
    Prospecting

For a chance at a possible free membership I'd be there with bells on, that is if lived in that area. I reckon I'm about 1500 mi or so shy.

Gramps
    It is better to die fighting evil than to live under it.

us
    Aug 2011

There's supposedly gold along the Caney Fork River (below Center Hill Lake dam) but I haven't had any luck there. If you go, be careful as I've seen the river rise a foot in 15 minutes. Swift current and deep in spots. Other spots in Tennessee are listed at http://onlinegoldmaps.com. Good luck!

um
    Dec 2008
    894 times

Most states have a department of mines and geology (or a similar title). These are little-known resources of excellent local information - much of it is free or low-cost.

Some of these publications are so good private publishers reprint them and sell them for quite a bit more than the state offices.

I would suggest you poke around this website:

http://www.tn.gov/environment/tdg/programs.shtml#

and see what you can come up with.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo
    Do you have good books in good condition you are never going to re-read? Clean 'em out!
    Operation Paperback collects gently used books and sends them to American troops.

Sponsors