Roaring Camp CA

Edson

Nov 20, 2011
Santa Clarita, California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone been there lately? Seems like a good deal for $700 for 2 people to stay in a cabin for a week. Not really interested in their pile of dirt but would go get my own dirt and snipe the river since you can't dredge, should be good. The only thing I didn't like is that you can't leave camp for the week, you only drive down once and come back up in one week, Sunday to Sunday.

Edson

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did that in/out bs come from?? They have mined that property for many years and know it like the back of their hands. Do what your told and have a fantastic time as the slower the biz is the more gold you get and their dirt does contain some great gold as no joke miners and NOT GPAA/49er style bs but patent property and not public junk-John

OP
OP
E

Edson

Nov 20, 2011
Santa Clarita, California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I called them they said the little narrow road is one way and they don't want anyone getting hurt or stuck so they caravan groups up and down. So you are stuck there for the week or watever time you go for, not a bad place to be stuck in my view but it's the wife that wants to go on little trips around that area. I need to find a prospecting buddy to go with and leave the wife at home. Some day I'll have my own claim and don't have to worry about where to go.
For now I'll keep going local here (15-20 mins. from the house) and keep getting my little flakes and fines to practice on. If I can get these fines here, LOOK OUT when I get to gold country...
Edson

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: Thanx MUCH for the headsup as that road( :tongue3:) is/was years ago a pain but now worse??,what a bummer as GREAT gold and good honest folks down there,hope ya have a ball-tons a au 2 u 2-John :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread