What kind of spiral panner is this?

Mikesl

Tenderfoot
Sep 9, 2012
Picked this up cheap. Everything works. Has a gearbox and motor from Brevel. I disassembled everything to replace hardware and clean it up. Pan is old and id like to replace it. As you can see, its not like the newer pans.

ForumRunner_20120909_195804.png

ForumRunner_20120909_195817.png

ForumRunner_20120909_195832.png

ForumRunner_20120909_195844.png

ForumRunner_20120909_195855.png

Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cant say?Looks well built though...one thing that does concern me is the nicks out of the spirals.......they are very sensitive to any change in the hydraulic action,even some of the new made pans of a certain Co. are not right and are basic junk because of a bad mold

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, she is a bit rough but if the price was right then it doesnt matter. :)

You could share your pics with whichever company you plan to go with for the new bowl, they might know.

OP
OP
Mikesl

Mikesl

Tenderfoot
Sep 9, 2012
The plastic is decayed a little. Still strong and sturdy but needs the loose layer removed (its like crusted). The part that concerns me is the tube part of the wheel. Seems like it is one piece. I'll send pics to some of those companies and see if they can identify it.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way back in the late 70's this was a knockoff of the original Gold Hound pans. Never did much business but market just wasn't there as even the righteous gold hound was sold so the inventor could go back into coal/oil mining. I would have to go back through old ICMJ/GPAA issues to ID but definately long gone. The chemical bond has let go and it will crumble into nothingness pretty quick with use. You can save with automotive bondo to seal,sand and reconfigure. These units had very little/any UV protection as you can see. Lotsa luck with your antique. John

OP
OP
Mikesl

Mikesl

Tenderfoot
Sep 9, 2012
Late 70's!? Lol wow I was way off! I figured early 90's! Time to upgrade it. Thanks man!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread