Somone being generous?

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Attachments

• image-3435298555.jpg
    image-3435298555.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Upvote 0

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Campngolf

Feb 4, 2014
NorCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Someone paying it forward? Good on you whoever you are. Good karma coming your way, hopefully more gold in the pan.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I stopped by some private property I got permission to check out on the way home from work. It was a terrible hike down to the creek in snake territory so I just took a half pan of gravel and dirt from the top layer of the ground. Here is the result. Keep in mind, half a pan! Haven't done anymore than panned it out, I'll look for gold later. Getting the kiddies ready for bed. That's ALOT of black sands up there at the top for such a small pan amount..... CRAZY!

Duckwalk It looks like you have a lot of black sand in your pic. At this point ( from your pic above) when your panning stop using the riffles, turn your pan so the material is being worked ina the part of the pan where there are no riffles. At this point you can lose gold over the edge when your are shedding the light material so Go slow and Continually Stratify the material back and forth down to the corner. For me it goes Stratify 5 or 6 shakes- 2 pulls of light material-stratify 5-6 shakes- 2 pulls of light materials. Continue with that until all the blondes are removed. This whole process is one that you have to learn by touch but does not take too long. Good luck and much gold to you.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just saw in another thread "the redder the better". Well let me tell ya, that half a pan of sand a gravel I had completely stained my pan water red. I've never seen sand so red before. This is still about a quarter mile from the creek right off of the top of the ground. I can't even imagine what's under with all of this or in the creek for that matter

Last edited:
OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where I found that red sand and rock I also found these dirt clods that in the middle have a stripe of black sands. I literally grinded the whole clod down and saw the black stripe all the way through it. Is this a good sign or just another clod of dirt?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions