EZ Gold Pan

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I noticed on one of your other posts that you do/did some beach mining there in Oregon. Have you used your pan for those cons? Anything to make panning that stuff easier would be a boon!

This is not meant as a slam on the plastic pan but it seems much the same results could be achieved with a cake or fry pan? The blue color does advantage the plastic one over the others for the sake of visibility though.

OP
OP
johnedoe

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
No slam taken.....

The shape of the EZ pan is a little different than a cake pan...lol
Sort of around trapezoid........ hope that makes sense..

I will try to get some images of beach gold in the pan for you....

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just read the description more closely and it sounds like one pole is sloped in and the slope gradually transitions around the side until the opposite pole is sloped out to the same extent leaving the two other poles vertical. That is the distinction that sets it apart. Traps the gold under deep black sand, etc. on one pole allowing quick clearance of over burden then use the other pole for final recovery or at least for super concentrating the cons.

All I have to do now is run over Wifey's cake pan with my truck....or not.:laughing7: Looks like it should work well to clear some or most of the "super fine" Oregon beach black sands without too much gold migrating out in the process especially if was batch classified to plus/minus 100 and also a plus/minus of a smaller size like maybe 150 for the most effective recovery of the tiniest particles if one is so inclined to separate them out.

I assume you head Coos Bay way and south for your beach mining or is it worthwhile near Florence? I usually hit the southern beaches on my route to or from Beaverton and cut inland where you are but may take the slow way up the coast if worthwhile.

Last edited:
OP
OP
johnedoe

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a beach north of me that has some history, I haven't spent much time on it yet but hope to soon.... good amount of black sand and garnet sands.

I need to get some kind of beach wagon to help haul the buckets...... I'm not getting any younger and the knees aren't what they used to be either.

Here are a couple images of the pan that will help you see what it is like...... Oh and ya probably ought to stay out of the little woman's kitchen ware.....:laughing7:

The little nubs on the bottom help keep things from compacting so the gold settles better, and the angled lip is like a backfill area, around the front where there is outward sloping edge it has a raised ridge type riffle....

Hope this helps clear things up... and of course the video shows it in action.

2015-03-04 14.39.41.jpg 2015-03-04 14.39.16.jpg

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks. As Mama would say...All you need is another gold pan.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
johnedoe

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That is an idea.... will it tote 2 buckets?
Who makes that? and where is it available?

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an idea.... will it tote 2 buckets?
Who makes that? and where is it available?

Well being in Brookings I would have to get one online. You could go to Eugene and find one for sure.I know a 5 gallon bucket 3/4 full of black sand is over 100 pounds! Trust me! :laughing7:
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...=aps&hvadid=3481885118&ref=pd_sl_3ulohkmj20_b

This will haul a lot. Little Giant Muck Cart at Blain's Farm & Fleet[roi]+product+ads+-+code+1&utm_content=code+1#.VPem2o49Xb4

Last edited:
OP
OP
johnedoe

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
johnedoe

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Those 13" inflated tires on the dump model should not be too much of a problem in the firm sand. easy in the wet sand....
and of course we don't have to max the load limits.....LOL..... Like R-I-G-H-T... thats gonna happen.

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have hiked a couple of miles down a beach (Gold Beach area) with 100 pounds of black sand in a backpack, so I think anything would be easier. My Zodiac idea would work well.

OP
OP
johnedoe

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I have hiked a couple of miles down a beach (Gold Beach area) with 100 pounds of black sand in a backpack, so I think anything would be easier. My Zodiac idea would work well.
As much as I like the idea of a zodiac I'm not sure our surf conditions would allow it very often......
Just thinking about that 100 pound backpack hurts these days......lol
I think I'm gonna go ahead and order that dump gorilla cart, we can always use it around the house here as well..... got to get stuff that has multiple uses.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As much as I like the idea of a zodiac I'm not sure our surf conditions would allow it very often......
Just thinking about that 100 pound backpack hurts these days......lol
I think I'm gonna go ahead and order that dump gorilla cart, we can always use it around the house here as well..... got to get stuff that has multiple uses.
That cart is great.
I only use the Zodiac when the surf is calm. You can jump the waves...if you want. Rigid hull is tuff. I need a light 25 HP + motor.
Not to mention... Ling Cod!!

OP
OP
johnedoe

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Fish is always good..... set up a grill and small fire and lunch is darn near ready....lol
I used to commercial fish out of Brookings years ago with a friend of mine there. Salmon and rock fish when nothing else was going on.

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been looking at this pan for some time now. it looks interesting. I'd use it to clean up the cons for my sluice and other stuff. but my question is how well does it work in things that aren't classified

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and how well does it work for aFinsihing pan. the guy at AM said this pan is an all in 1 pan you don't need toCarry another pan ever again. but how well does it hold onto the super fines. I'm planning on buying a Falcon finishing Pan Cause From what I've read and been told no piece of equipment out there including the blue bowl and blackmagic can come close to someone who knows how to use a finishing pan

OP
OP
johnedoe

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't used it a lot but so far I like it better than any pan I have used .... Watch the video, look at the really fine stuff to the left of the bulk that was recovered.
And yes it is just as easy and fast as it looks..... even faster as you get used to it.

Last edited:

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet I liketrying out different pans anyway. there cheep and fun to practice with

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread