Gold grabber pan and the mini

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I'm thinking about getting this pan. I have tons of different pans. and I like this pan cause the maverick pan is 1 of my favorite pans. but I also like my Keene dual riffle. I can really clean up with it. but I've read that this pan and the bottom of it is really good for holding onto fines. I like how this 1 combines the round and square pan together. So I'd like to hear from you all see what you have to say about it.

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't own either but have seen both demonstrated at gold shows and liked what they are capable of.

The rounded end of the gold trap and the vee of the maverick both serve much the same purpose which is to quickly clear lights and larger stones. In my mind the most useful and unique thing about either the maverick or the gold grabber is the straight edged trap which allows the gold to spread out and be less subject to washing out while the worthless black sand overburden is washed off or out. They would probably be most useful/practical(?) in cleanups of already collected cons obtained from another source in my opinion.

I prefer to do final cleanups at home after I have dried and screen classified the cons. I then pan in batches by mesh size using a regular pan of which I already have many. Make that too many.:laughing7:

Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. so I guess I'll just stick with what I have. I like the maverick for cleaning. but I use the keene dual riffle more for out in the mountains

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread