Worst prospecting day ever!!

Kuntzy

Jul 24, 2015
North Vernon IN
Detector(s) used
tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
While exploring a new area I came across I very good looking area. Needless to say I fell and broke my middle finger, it even ripped off my whole finger nail. I still continued on panning down to the heavy's. And then I made the mistake of getting near a very brushy area and ran into a water snake with the attitude of a cobra. That little snake bit me over and over until I just swam away from the area. Needless to say that made it day over for me.

Now I have to pan out my cons and see if today was worth it. Today was the most painful day of panning I have ever had. Gonna take a few days off and go to the Gatesville meet on Saturday, hopefully with better luck

anyone else just had a horrible day like this?

Upvote 0

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, your head is still above water (ground) that a positive, no?
Always tomorrow, or Tomorrow's tomorrow.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who ever said you didn't need to be tough to be a gold miner ? Mashed and broken fingers and toes kinda come with the terrain. Glad you're OK.

OP
OP
K

Kuntzy

Jul 24, 2015
North Vernon IN
Detector(s) used
tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's true there! Hate work , love digging for gold.

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pictured that little snake chasing you, LOL :laughing7:
What a day indeed.

Did you have any signs earlier in the day that may have indicated trouble was brewing?
You know, you spilled your coffee, keep dropping your keys or, just little "bad luck" Stuff happening from the get go that day.
Sometimes that happens to me and I've been tending to pay more attention to those little signs now.

Better luck to you.

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water snakes can be some really pissy snakes. We have a few in the Redgranite Quarry that even divers have to beware of. Just glad there's nothing poisonous there!

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The snakes here in Oklahoma will chase you down while prospecting and they are poisonous. Here's a shot of a cotton mouth that almost got me.

image-187787114.jpg

OP
OP
K

Kuntzy

Jul 24, 2015
North Vernon IN
Detector(s) used
tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have dealt with water moccasins in When I lived in Texas. Them are some very bad attitude snakes. Really glad I don't have to deal with them anymore. But in all seriousness someone with a video cam could have made some money filming that little snake chase me around biting me. I aint scared of snakes at all , but I am not a fan of being bitten.

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have dealt with water moccasins in When I lived in Texas. Them are some very bad attitude snakes. Really glad I don't have to deal with them anymore. But in all seriousness someone with a video cam could have made some money filming that little snake chase me around biting me. I aint scared of snakes at all , but I am not a fan of being bitten.

Couldn't agree more I was dredging SE Oklahoma and hit my hole early in the morning I was 8ft under water when something hit my leg and spun me. I dropped weights regulator and shot out of that hole so fast I startled my tender. I swore it was a giant snake but probably just a catfish. I think underwater is like the woods at night the boogie man exist at those times

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does getting into a nest of yellow jackets while hunting fire agate with the wife count? Little buggers got me at least 8 times this morning. We left after that. If they weren't so beneficial here, I would have found the nest and lit it on fire.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How are yellow jackets beneficial MM? ( they were my high school's mascot(!!) but I've always thought they were pretty useless!

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been bouncing down the down the rocks with the best of them. But hey it's all fun and games till someone gets hurt!

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How are yellow jackets beneficial MM? ( they were my high school's mascot(!!) but I've always thought they were pretty useless!

When I was a kid we used to pour gas in the ground nests and light them on fire. If you have never seen a yellow jacket burst into flames while airborne get ready to live.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When I was a kid we used to pour gas in the ground nests and light them on fire. If you have never seen a yellow jacket burst into flames while airborne get ready to live.

I just KNEW I liked you Ducky! I've go zero empathy for yellow jackets since twice when I was a kid I got attacked by nests of them and came home with a dozen swelling stings...talk about a way for a 10 year old to scare his mom!! :(

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been bouncing down the down the rocks with the best of them. But hey it's all fun and games till someone gets hurt!

And then its just funny...

Shop rules... You get to laugh for 30 seconds before calling 911, 2 minutes if they are actually unconscious. Don't tell my insurance company.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread