Gold panning in Florida?

goldhuntertim

Mar 16, 2014
west columbia sc.
Detector(s) used
org. gold bug ,prism 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not really sure but u can look it up on the inter net or u can buy big10 maps (i think that's the name of them )of your state it will let u know where you can go and if there is any spots in fl. I know this wasn't much help but any and all info is helpful

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Just watch out for the gators........:laughing7:

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very little gold, unless you count the gold coins and lost gold rings that are not uncommonly found on many of Florida's beaches.
You might have better luck panning in Geogia (NW of Atlanta), but probably not worth the effort to pan in Florida. (At least, not for gold.)

If I'm wrong about that, someone please correct me.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello! Never panned before, and super new to the whole gold thing! Is there anything to pan for in Florida? Thanks guys!

No.

The whole Florida peninsula is an ancient coral reef. No natural gold. Go north young man ;)

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very little gold, unless you count the gold coins and lost gold rings that are not uncommonly found on many of Florida's beaches.
You might have better luck panning in Geogia (NW of Atlanta), but probably not worth the effort to pan in Florida. (At least, not for gold.)

If I'm wrong about that, someone please correct me.

This is absolutely correct; go to Georgia, Alabama or South Carolina.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why would you PAN for gold in Florida, when you can detect for gold on the beach?

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal detect the beaches and swimming holes.

Edit: yea what they^ said:sly:

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No natural gold in Florida other than gold lost when Treasure ships sank. There must have been some gold nuggets on the treasure ships that sank whether as cargo or smuggling by crew members as I know a few nuggets have been found on the beaches over the years..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions