Who has gold on their property???

HobbyHuntress

Jun 3, 2016
North Metro Atlanta area, Georgia
Detector(s) used
None yet!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
THIS GIRL!! That's who! You have to look really hard. I circled the gold on one picture to make it easier to spot. I know it's not much right now, but beggars can't be choosers and I am happy! :laughing7: :hello2: I did test it, it did not break, crumble, flake, and when I pressed my fingernail into it, the gold bent. Very happy regardless of the volume.

Thank you all for the tips on my other thread! I cannot wait to find more!

Gold1.jpeg Gold2.jpeg Gold3.jpeg Gold4.jpeg

Upvote 0

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're in the right area for it. I have gold on property too. It is mainly microscopic.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold is gold. Just enjoy having it and finding it. I have owned properties, still do, but no gold to be found. Don't worry/Be Happy...

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Gold is found throughout the US in microscopic flecks. Anyone who has land here probably has some gold too.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold is found throughout the US in microscopic flecks. Anyone who has land here probably has some gold too.
You may be right, but I'm not quite ready to strip-mine all 80 acres just to find a speck or two. :laughing9:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The pics are so small I can't tell what you have there...:icon_scratch:

I have gold in my backyard too, as well as the front yard..:laughing7:

Down on the river I can find flea poop sized gold in the black beach sands,
and in the front yard...well, I got desperate one night and grabbed a couple
scoops of the gravel driveway...lo and behold it had gold ..not much, but
it was sure there.

OP
OP
HobbyHuntress

HobbyHuntress

Jun 3, 2016
Detector(s) used
None yet!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This entire time I hoped that I had it in my backyard - so far nothing in the back. It's in my front yard and that's just from a tiny scoop of dirt. The stream that was in my backyard was the diverted stream. The original stream ran through the front - and that's where I found it. When I say tiny scoop, it was no more than 1/4-1/2 cup of dirt.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
This entire time I hoped that I had it in my backyard - so far nothing in the back. It's in my front yard and that's just from a tiny scoop of dirt. The stream that was in my backyard was the diverted stream. The original stream ran through the front - and that's where I found it. When I say tiny scoop, it was no more than 1/4-1/2 cup of dirt.

So did you call in sick today to start digging up the front yard?

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
HobbyHuntress --- Congrats on your find!
Several years ago while on vacation in CO I was staying at a small cabin with a river behind it. While looking through the clear water at the sand I noticed a bunch of gold flecks. Excitedly I went back to the cabin and grabbed what I had at hand --- a small cup. I tried to scoop up as much of the alluvial gold as I could, but ended up with tons of mud and small amounts of gold flecks. Needless to say this was years before I became interested in treasure hunting so I was a green horn to put it mildly. Had I known then what I know now I would've looked for a gold pan and milked that riverbed for all it was worth! It was the one and only time I've found gold in my life. It prompted me to buy a book on lost treasures by Bill Yenne when I got back from vacation. It gestated in my mind for around four more years until I started getting into treasure hunting on a much more serious basis. Life is like that though, you often don't have the information you need when you need it. And some of the best "finds" are found by accident when you're not looking for them....
HH
-spyguy

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
HobbyHuntress --- Congrats on your find!
Several years ago while on vacation in CO I was staying at a small cabin with a river behind it. While looking through the clear water at the sand I noticed a bunch of gold flecks. Excitedly I went back to the cabin and grabbed what I had at hand --- a small cup. I tried to scoop up as much of the alluvial gold as I could, but ended up with tons of mud and small amounts of gold flecks. Needless to say this was years before I became interested in treasure hunting so I was a green horn to put it mildly. Had I known then what I know now I would've looked for a gold pan and milked that riverbed for all it was worth! It was the one and only time I've found gold in my life. It prompted me to buy a book on lost treasures by Bill Yenne when I got back from vacation. It gestated in my mind for around four more years until I started getting into treasure hunting on a much more serious basis. Life is like that though, you often don't have the information you need when you need it. And some of the best "finds" are found by accident when you're not looking for them....
HH
-spyguy

Are you sure it was gold and not pyrite or mica?

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of boredom, I sampled some spots in my pasture, and yes I found a bit. If i spent about $10K to process it, I'd recover about 1/2 a pennyweight.

OP
OP
HobbyHuntress

HobbyHuntress

Jun 3, 2016
Detector(s) used
None yet!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Out of boredom, I sampled some spots in my pasture, and yes I found a bit. If i spent about $10K to process it, I'd recover about 1/2 a pennyweight.

I just find it enjoyable to find gold here. I definitely have no intentions of turning this into a profit. I've spent more on tax for my gold pan than what I've found. :D My neighbor has found arrowheads and Indian pottery on his property in the past, so who knows what my hobby has in store for me!

My property was inhabited by the Paleo Indians 11,000 yrs ago (Cherokee County History - Cherokee County Historical Society). I guess I could say that my yard is a "gold mine" full of artifacts! Being that I'm so close to the water (man-made lake from 2 rivers), I am bound to find more stuff. I sure wish I could find enough to make a little profit, but I'm a bit of a realist, and a little flake is better than no flake at all.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the club of gold bearing property owners Huntress! We found our gold in the trench that was dug for the propane line from the tank to the house during construction last year. I noticed a gravel layer and decided to give it a quick test and found some -20/+30 sized pieces in it. Our situation is a bit different then yours though in that our place is on an alluvial plain but still close to the mountain it washed out of. There are still working mines in those mountains to this day. There is quite a bit of gold in this valley because it's pretty much all been filled in by materials washing down from the Cherbat and Black Hills ranges. Both ranges have gold in them and this is one of the more productive areas of the state.

List of "Projects" that are in my future....
1. Swimming pool. (aka the cement pond) That should give us a LOT of material to run
2. Planting many large trees that require LARGE DEEP holes.
3. Koi pond. Sunken in design of course
4. Fountain with base pool that's about 6ft deep?

All materials removed during these projects will be run through the wash plant. Can't be putting back "Dirty dirt" after all.

Anyone with more ideas feel free to speak up!

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GI a huge over exed garden and maybe a subterrainean hockey rink. In Az, right.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread