Panning in Washington state

EliteDarkVlad

Sep 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My adventure started with a trip to Washington state my wife had some dental training and she wished to show me how beautiful it was there. Before we left I did extensive research on the state and historic areas as well as the the rules of prospecting. We left early in the morning and arrived around noon we went out to eat and looked out on the bay it was wonderful the weather even though it was over cast. The next day my wife went to class and I went out exploring I tried several different rivers. I found a river I wanted to try and prospect. It began to get dark so I had to wait till the next day I made my way down a steep hill side. Finally reaching the river the water was moving pretty quickly but I found a good place to begin panning. Many people said I would be wasting my time however they were wrong. My third pan produced a nice little picker. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1483395621.505759.jpg I didn't know that would be my last chance to pan because I wanted to be on the other side of the river. I discovered that an old abandoned town was across from where I was I explored the other side and saw an old train station foundation and was headed down to the river when suddenly it felt as if I was shot in my rear. Then again in my neck I suddenly saw the culprit I must of disturbed a yellow jackets nest. I was stung 16 times I was running as fast as I could trying to out run them. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1483396094.330332.jpg passing the train depot foundation I noticed the stinging had stopped but I wasn't close to being out of the woods I trudge my way through the woods finally making it to the road I was lucky one or two more stings and I my not of made it out of the woods.

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Your adventure lends new meaning to "all I want to see is a__holes and elbows".:laughing7: Nice picker by the way.:icon_thumleft:

Good Luck

Last edited:

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice picker! I suspect the stings are larger though! I was once stung multiple times very close to my jewels while driving on the freeway! Not fun at all.

OP
OP
E

EliteDarkVlad

Sep 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had Benadryl just for got it in the hotel lol never again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread