Twenty Dollar Bill????

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
THe old bills( which are not that old) should be banked or spent ASAP. They were easy to fake, and contain way less security options. THe only ones to keep are those blue and red silver and gold notes. Also any nice condition bills before the 1950's. But be careful of counterfeit.

FOr all intensive purposes, paper money, is well, not valuable. Except to the right vendor... Which is everyone, so it works.
But it would be better to trade that twenty for a case of shotgun shells, fine wines, etc.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quote:
"But it would be better to trade that twenty for a case of shotgun shells, fine wines, etc. "

I agree to a point. However currency collecting has a greater return on investment vis-a-vis other collections I've had, ie. stamp collecting. You can always get face value from the currency.
I used to have sheets of unused stamps from the 40's and 50's and all they were good for was face value for postage. No real appreciable premium. I've suffered losses in philately but never on currency that I've gotten from pocket finds or bank aquisitions. If nothing else, collect currency in lieu of a savings account. Works for me! :thumbsup:

Best Wishes,
Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread