2 dollar bills

falcolnx

Dec 22, 2008
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Ace 150 currently
I found out at a local gas station a man paid for part of a tank of gas with $2 bills and the lady had just got back from dropping them at the bank. I went to get them. the bank teller told me she had 16 dollars worth in the drawer and counts them out to me. I say i will take them and hand her a 20 dollar bill........
Then the next teller over says wait pulls the teller i am with aside and whispers with her in front of me, cherry picks through them IN FRONT OF ME, tells her she cant give me "these" but can give me "these" and she would tell her why later as if she wasn't close enough for me to hear her whispering, and then sends the girl back to tell me she only has 12 dollars worth.

What puts me in the most foul mood is she counted out the 16 dollars to me and i saw the red ink and the blue ink on 2 of them. I pressed her 3 times before i left and she said 3 times that she couldn't give them to me. I have never had that done to me before at a bank. a gas station maybe but never that blatantly or unfairly.

OP
OP
F

falcolnx

Dec 22, 2008
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Ace 150 currently
Is there a proper way to deal with this in the future besides walk away? In this case i just took my 20 and left

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would have politely said "That was completely unprofessional and rude. You do not do that to a customer" and walked away as you did.

I would have however told her that what she did was unacceptable.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
if i were you i would have stressed my colorful vocabulary to that teller...that is sooooo unprofessional and rude, i would have been so pissed...

OP
OP
F

falcolnx

Dec 22, 2008
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Ace 150 currently
Sorry bout useing the post to vent but there isn't anyone in my household who shares my interest and therefore my pain. Lol

I had a talk with my wife the other day cause I cashed my paycheck in coin.

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
Sounds like this has become a dump bank since you have rude cherry picking tellers

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
Nothing entitles you to them over the people that work at the bank, they weren't your bills in the first place.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have asked for the manager, and just a little too loudly, announced the situation at hand.
Then asked, "Is there some reason your tellers are conspiring amongst themselves, to not give me moneys, that I was told I would be given? Do you not have rules against that type of unprofessional behavior"? And hoped the bank was packed full!
The kindness of the cat, and that stupid chesire grin, many don't know how to take, but it usually, works for me.

Even if I hadn't gotten the bills, everyone else, woulda got the point!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread