1963-2-Compress.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 15,878

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Nothing unusual about this bill.The military used to pay in 2 dollar bills now and then in the early 50's when they paid in cash.Many,many out there.

OP
OP
Groovedymond

Groovedymond

May 23, 2006
Salem, NH
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh well.. I still think it's pretty cool to have... and in the end, that is really all that matters!

Thanks for the info!

By the way... the Military paid in these?? What do you mean? When paychecks went out, they paid you in mainly 2 dollar bills?

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I had my currency reference book handy I could tell you the difference between a regular Federal Reserve Note (green seal) and your US Note (red seal). I've sold a few of these on eBay and they can fetch 2x-3x face value, even circulated like yours.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
That's correct.There wasn't any 'paycheck'.We were paid in cash every month,either in the orderly room or in the middle of the parade area or in the compound that the barracks surrounded.And the first airplane I worked on was the B-29!

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
Groovedymond said:
Hi Guys,

As you'll see, I have a pretty cool bill (or at least I think so). Two dollar Bill from 63 with the red seal. Was the red seal unordinary as it was in 76? Funny.. I always thought the two dollar bill was introduced in 76..... Guess I was dead wrong!

Also, it is circulated. Anyone know value?

Thanks!

Hey Groovey,

I have bought a few red seal two dollar bills for b-day presents and such. I think the ones I bought were an earlier series though (1930's?). I think I paid about 6-8 dollars per bill. They of course were circulated bills.

John

snorton750

Jul 28, 2006
Auburn, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic ID
I remember being paid in two dollar bills in '66 at San Diego. I don't think all the base was paid in 2s that day. I was told that there were some local civilians that needed to be shown how much money the Navy put into their economy, and this was one way to do it. Two's are fun to save even they may not be worth more than face. My daughter brings them home to me when she gets one in her till at work. HH Stan...

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
fellow listed 200 - 2 dollar bills with consecutive serial #s, uncirculated, for 275.00 if anyone has an interest let me know and i'll pm you his phone #.....gldhntr

Dharmacy

Nov 1, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Varies with location and conditions.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I missing something? 200 two dollar bills is 400.00 face value right? 275.00 sounds like the deal of the century!!

D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread