jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What was once just a warning against the perils of hyperinflation has now become a sought-after collectible

Zimbabwe-100-trillion.jpg

the Zimbabwe Series 2008 100 trillion note in uncirculated condition,
has more than doubled in price in the past six months.

These notes are not scarce, as demonstrated by the dozens of lots offered for sale on eBay and elsewhere. However, all the lower priced hoards are apparently gone. In closed auctions on eBay on Jan. 6, buyers paid between $14.95 and $27.56 to purchase uncirculated specimens. Of those listed at “Buy It Now” prices on the morning of January 7, the prices range from $17 to $32 per note

Worthless Note Becomes Valuable

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey jeff!! Let's see now-if I had a 100 Trillion of these what would I be worth?? Hope you are doing well and had a Great New Year!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is a reasonable price for a fifty trillion note these days? I see them on eBay for about $30-$50 apiece, are people really buying them? I think I payed $6 for one uncirculated fifty trillion Zimbabwe dollars bill back about a decade ago.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have the one trillion bill and it cost my wife $4 usd in south africa. She picked it up for me just for fun and brought it back. I'd trade someone for an old Morgan or peace dollar. I also have a handful of the coins and also bills from iraq and Saudi Arabia from the gulf war era. Let's make a deal!

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I picked up a lot of 5 of the 50 trillion notes on ebay for around $10 a couple years ago before Christmas.

goldenwonderbear

Feb 27, 2014
CA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
re Johnny Bravo, I have not seen a One Trillion Zimbabwe note. Could you post picture or give a link...thanks..................h

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a million dollar note with some religious quotes on the back lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread