Value of an Uncirculated 2017 One Dollar Solid?

goldenwonderbear

Feb 27, 2014
CA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is hard to believe ! couldn't calculate the odds, but bet it hasn't happened very many times--that a person noticed a bill like that right away and had the sequence!!!! vote for banner. I think the right buyer would pay a huge amount for the three. Banner Vote................................h

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree that the F 44444444 A Note is a very valuable note and could sell for thousands on it's on but it might be best to sell all three sequential Serial numbered notes (F 44444443 A, F 44444444 A and F 44444445 A) as a set. I state this because if the F 44444444 A Note is sold by itself, then any later sell of the other notes would be likely devalued by as much as 50% since they are no longer a part of a three note sequential set. However, they will never bring their full potential value unless certified and graded by PMG and they should be certified, graded and sealed as a set. While Heritage or Stacks could likely guarantee the best auction price for the notes, their' fees and the impending Federal Taxes that would have to be paid on the profit made, might just be detrimental to the owner/seller. While I hate eBay for their treatment of myself as a Seller, eBay would be the best auction venue to sell the three notes and maintain a higher return in the end due to their' and PayPal's lower fees.

Last edited:

goldenwonderbear

Feb 27, 2014
CA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know sale prices of comparable single bills ?--I have never seen one offered.......................h

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Does anyone know sale prices of comparable single bills ?--I have never seen one offered.......................h

For the F 44444443 A and F 44444445 A Notes sold individually as non-certified and non-graded specimens and sold at auction, might fetch anywhere from $200 to $300 each. However, the Solid Serial Numbered (F 44444444 A) Note by itself, sold as non-certified and non-graded and sold at auction, might fetch anywhere from $1,000 to $2,000. However, if certified and graded and come back with a high grade, the former Notes if sold individually might fetch from $250 to $400 or more but the later Solid Serial Number Note, if certified and graded and came back with a high grade, it could fetch upwards to $2,000 or more by itself. Put the three Notes together as a certified and graded Set, they could possibly fetch upwards to $3,000 or more. To be honest, it is really hard to say what they would truly fetch as the market for these type of Notes fluctuates up and down more often than folks change their' underwear and it sometimes depends on the day of the week or month that they go up for auction and what day of the week or month that the auction ends. One could and should also factor in what time of year that they go up for auction and market trends.

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep coming back to this post hoping for some updates! That bill is so darn nice and such a rarity. Canadian Bill's have less digits for serial number. We find them but they dont fetch the same premium as the American Bill's. I'd love this for my collection, Haha.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Eastern Cultures, the number 8 is the luckiest number in Chinese culture because 八 sounds like 發 (fa), which means “wealth”, “fortune”, and “prosper” in Chinese. Multiples of eight are even better, as 88 bears a resemblance to 囍 (shuāng xǐ), or “double happiness”

Unfortunately, in China, Korea, Japan and Taiwan, the number 4 is considered unlucky, as the word for 4 sounds almost like the word for death. Much the same as in other cultures the number 13 is avoided in floors of buildings and elevators, so is 4 in Asian culture.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread