deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First...let me wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving in advance.

Now.....what's with this early freeze? Early DEEP freeze. Holy heck...woke this morning at 4:30 am and it's 18 degrees outside. I don't remember it getting this cold this early in the year for a while. Isn't this January weather? What happened to global warming?

I took my detectors out of the car 2 days ago...usually leave 2 in the trunk. You never know when you'll need one, right?

Well...I'm not done detecting...yet!

Gonna use this down time to get to know some of those little tweeks of the DFX. Got Jimmy's book and just punching buttons on the detector in the living room to get the hang of where these settings are.

Gonna go out today after the light breaks and see if I can stick my knife in the ground and dig easily. I'm hoping that the cold we've had hasn't frozen the ground that much that a couple days of warmer weather won't thaw it for easier digging.

Fortunately for me...I saved my yard and some really close places nearby for short detecting sprees figuring when my time was limited, I'd have these places to fall back on.

I'm hoping the DFX will function as well as the 6000DI Pro in cold weather. Analog versus digital.

I know the DFX has a setting for the viewing angle so when temperatures affect the display, you can change it to respond better so you can see it...but I'm still a bit leary on the response rate of the display as to how fast the display changes.

I had a telescope with a hand held computer with a digital display and when it was below freezing, it responded very slow. Guess I'll find out soon enough with the detector. If not...got the old 6000 to fall back on.

Heck...I used to ice fish in worse weather than this.

Al

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I'm not ready...but I think I have finished for the year. Last year was my first and I got spoiled. I detected right up till christmas. Well i haven't been out in over a week now...maybe we will get a warm up...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heat wave is expected Monday

Monday: Rain, snow, and sleet likely after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Calm wind becoming south between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Then back in the freezer til July :(

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my condolences, totally. Next weeks' weather. Highs approaching eighty with a chance of rain some days (20%), Lows in the mid to upper 60s over the peninusula. Water temp Gulf of Mexico 64 chilly degrees. No chance of snow/sleet/ice or killing frost.

And then I have to take Thanksgiving and the next day off with pay. Sometimes it just ain't worth getting out of bed. :icon_king:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
davest said:
my condolences, totally. Next weeks' weather. Highs approaching eighty with a chance of rain some days (20%), Lows in the mid to upper 60s over the peninusula. Water temp Gulf of Mexico 64 chilly degrees. No chance of snow/sleet/ice or killing frost.

And then I have to take Thanksgiving and the next day off with pay. Sometimes it just ain't worth getting out of bed. :icon_king:

You are just going to be making friends left and right with posts like this!!! :icon_jokercolor:

urbss

Sep 15, 2005
Cresson, PA
deepskyal said:
Now.....what's with this early freeze? Early DEEP freeze. Holy heck...woke this morning at 4:30 am and it's 18 degrees outside. I don't remember it getting this cold this early in the year for a while. Isn't this January weather? What happened to global warming?

Just think how much worse it would be if Al Gore hadn't made up global warming!!!! ;D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 Degrees warmer here then last week
that Global warming must be Happening :P

Just decided to brave it to start my Jeep.

Havn't gone out the house since we Dipped below freezing last week.

OP
OP
deepskyal

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it aint percipitating tomorrow....I'm going out :coffee2:

I cant stand this locked up in the house crap.... cant wait to go back to work...
30 degrees is doable if its dry...or just snow. Rain/snow mix all day today....

Al

Ripper

Mar 18, 2008
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Etrac with Sunray x1 probe
Hi Al, I missed seeing you and Sue at the Butler Meeting. A friend gave me tickets to the Steeler game.

Hopefully we will see you at the Christmas party.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

P.S. I am not ready to give up, this global warming can't last forever LOL :D

OP
OP
deepskyal

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Rip,

Sent you an email.....was a great game...got home in time to see the 2nd half....

Suppose to be nice T-giving day....probably will put my turkey in the oven then go detect for a few. I got a place only a couple minutes from the house to hit.... :thumbsup:
Gonna hone my digger today. It's gotten pretty dull and I like sharpening the old fashion way...with the stone.

Al

urbss

Sep 15, 2005
Cresson, PA
You guys from the "burgh" are lucky. Up here on top of the Alleghanies I had to fire up the snow blower last evening, and I could tell when I left for work this morning, that I'll be doing it again tonight!!

I hate winter!!!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep still below Normal here & Normal is about 49.

Hopefully We gat another Indian Summer in December.
Of course the ground will be frozen by then if it isn't already.

Still white here .

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i
I got out yesterday, that school in west penn was a bust, nothing worth mentioning, couple shell casings is about it, best part of the school must have been out front, which isnt there anymore.
So then I went down to the grove for a lil, found some clad and typical park junk, I would be willing to bet nobody does that park, I had no trouble hitting coins in the short time I was there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions