deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't know how long this link is going to work so I pasted part of the description. I just read in the newspaper it's closing it's doors.
I stayed there a some years back for a friends wedding and it is a very nice, historic place. The wedding I attended was in their garden where there is a gazebo.

There is a path to it and chairs were set on either side of it for all the attendees. I think there were close to 150 of us.
They did a lot of weddings there...over the years...that garden area could be a good place to detect if any other wedding folk got as drunk as I did...lol

Al
http://www.mountainviewinn.com/

Perfect Hotel Location on US Route 30 near Greensburg and Latrobe PA
Welcome to the Mountain View Hotel & Conference Center, a Historic Hotel of America, nestled in the Laurel Highlands of Western Pennsylvania. Ideally located a mere 4 miles west of Latrobe and 4 miles east of Greensburg PA our truly Classic American Inn is a welcome refuge for the weary traveler - business or leisure.

The Inn lies only 4 miles from Arnold Palmer Regional Airport in Latrobe and sits directly on US Route 30, anchoring the western terminus of the Lincoln Highway Heritage Corridor.

Built in 1924, Mountain View Hotel & Conference Center has provided superb lodging and dining in the Laurel Highlands for over 75 years. Mountain View Hotel & Conference Center - providing so much. Unforgettable historic ambiance, quietly elegant lodging, an invigorating fitness center workout; a swim in the outdoor pool; two bocce courts, veranda, a Wine Spectator Award wine list; fine dining , drink and entertainment in 33rd Street; beautifully landscaped gardens and gazebos for quiet contemplation.

Unique Features and Amenities:
Ideal location- our hotel is truly the gateway to the Laurel Highlands
Unforgettable historic ambiance – Mountain View Hotel & Conference Center is a Historic Hotel of America
Friendly and personable service. Third generation Innkeepers Vance & Vicki Booher and their staff would like you to relax, unwind and enjoy the cozy comforts of this Classic American Inn.
Elegant accommodations: 89 guest rooms and suites, each uniquely appointed, offer a distinct change from your ordinary hotel room.
Casual dining at 33rd STREET, “a gathering place for friends” on the veranda or fireside.
Superbly stocked Scotch Bar
Fitness Center
Outdoor Swimming Pool
Lily Pond and Beautifully Landscaped Grounds
2 Victorian Gazebos
Herb Garden
Party Pavilion
Victoria’s Garden Gift Shop
Tents for Special Occasions
High Speed Internet All Rooms
Mountain View Hotel & Conference Center, a Historic Hotel of America, grounded in tradition, focused on the future.

Winter Wonderland Getaway
Corporate Traveler Package

Murder Mystery Getways

Mountain View Hotel & Conference Center
Route 30 East
Greensburg, PA 15601
724-834-5300

Privacy Policy Site Security Site Map

Internet Marketing Strategy by HeBS

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I called the number and it is already closed. As of yesterday (Jan. 26, 2009), the bank is now in possession of the inn.

Such a shame. Very nice place.

Kevo_DFX

Sep 5, 2008
Greensburg, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX
Yep, it's a dang shame too. Huge pice of history, I onlly live about 5 minutes from it. Story goes:

Hotel Very Profitible, owner wanted to retire, he turns it over to the kids to run, they run it into the ground.

I don't know if it's true or not, but it's sad whatever happened.

Thing is, this place had huge history and you can probably bet most of it has never been detected.

Anyone know how to get a bank to let you md?

Thanks

OP
OP
deepskyal

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well...tell them you heard it may be going up for sale and would like to examine the grounds sometimes and if they'd allow you to inspect it during some off time when there is a good chance they will be unavailable.

That way to don't have them looking over your shoulder as you "closely" examine the grounds. :wink: :wink:.

Yea, I forgot about their well stocked scotch bar. Don't remember a whole lot of that night.. ::)

Wouldn't that be a great group hunt...detect plus hotel accommodations....swim...detect some more...dine in elegance...detect by the moonlight....

Okay...I'm getting a bit overly romantic about metal detecting now.... :icon_scratch:

Al

Jost1308

Aug 23, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Kevo_DFX said:
Yep, it's a dang shame too. Huge pice of history, I onlly live about 5 minutes from it. Story goes:

Hotel Very Profitible, owner wanted to retire, he turns it over to the kids to run, they run it into the ground.

I don't know if it's true or not, but it's sad whatever happened.

Thing is, this place had huge history and you can probably bet most of it has never been detected.

Anyone know how to get a bank to let you md?

Thanks

I live in Latrobe but have heard the same story about the closing. I know there were some wedding planned there for this upcoming summer and have heard that they are allowing the wedding to still take place there so maybe just try contacting the owners and see what they have to say....

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark

If I had a nickel for every business that I have heard of where the kids have run it into the ground, I would be a rich man. That is a poor shame that the kids did not learn anything about the business from their parents. Kids today, they are always in a hurry to make a fast million.

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Did anyone mention the fairly large lake they had behind it. Stocked trout , also held bluegills & some cats.
They didn't charge much to fish it & it was a fun peaceful lake. Before they put red-lights nearly every half
mile on rt. 30 I could get there in 20 minutes or so. I don't know when they drained the lake though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread