Goggle Earth Need Help

rugratt

Dec 19, 2008
Erie, Pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, whites DFX
A couple more things I forgot. I found the program to be a little buggy. For example, I could not get the fader or slider bar to work unless I turned the topo map off and on. The other thing is you will be able to tell that its working by looking for a small white circle. If you put your cursor over it, it will tell you what year you have. Good luck!

Rugratt

rugratt

Dec 19, 2008
Erie, Pa
Detector(s) used
click on the box next to topo, you should see your map change as you turn it off and on.

OP
OP
Vanillacricket

Vanillacricket

Jan 28, 2009
Annville
Detector(s) used
Cheap One
Okay got that but, I see the white dots, click them on it zooms but the map isnt ariel its like a brown color with roads?

rugratt

Dec 19, 2008
Erie, Pa
Detector(s) used
you do not need to click on the dots, just wait for the maps to load. They will not be airial, they are topo maps.

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
rugratt said:
Sue,

I went through google earth to see if i could get the white screen you are talking about. I think I was able to duplicate what you have on your screen by selecting north america under the Dave Rumsey collection. Did you happen to install some of his maps? I would go down thriugh all the folders under layers and uncheck any other box you may have checked. This should shut the white screen off. Now make sure you selected the box tops, northeast US, INDEX, maps and then PA. Let us know if this helps...............

rugratt

The only thing in Layers I have checked, roads, borders & labels. I did some screen shots for you.

GE1.jpg

White image, slider up the whole way and topo checked
GE2.jpg

Same as first pic except slider down the whole way.
GE3.jpg

topo is unchecked

The area between Cochran and Locust used to be an old Fairground.

I hope these can help you.

Sue

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread