Hello from North East PA……Scranton-ish:

Feb 23, 2009
Moscow-ish, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 w/7.5&3kHz coils
Anyone else up this way?

I am a MD newbie. I did it off-and-on in the housing areas back in 1985-1988 or so while living on the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard. I’m itching to get back into it.

I don’t even have any gear yet. I’m in the process of accumulating the funds and narrowing my choices.

In the mean time, I’d just like to reach out and say HELLO!

Gary in Pennsylvania

R

robbuckalew

Hello and welcome to tnet.
I am in Stroudsburg and when you get some gear let me know. You are more than welcome to join me and the guys in hunting for some lost treasures :icon_king:

R

rig runner09

hello gary you will learn alot in here i did !!!from centre county pa :thumbsup:

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gary - Welcome. I'm in Coatesville (Chester County). Not to to far but a nice drive.

Brian

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You also may want to look up these Guys

Black Diamond
Treasure Hunters Club
Northeastern Pennsylvania

Kingston, PA

http://www.geocities.com/treasureport/bdthc.htm

Great Bunch of People
Put on a Very nice Hunt every year.

At Moon Lake.

Should be alot of cool coins still laying around from all their hunts there

If you Talk to them Send them My Regards

Jeff

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Welcome aboard. Glad to have you with us. I'm from Pittsburgh and my wife is from Shamokin. Great place with great people.

OP
OP
Gary in Pennsylvania
Feb 23, 2009
Moscow-ish, Pa
Detector(s) used
robbuckalew said:
Hello and welcome to tnet.
I am in Stroudsburg and when you get some gear let me know. You are more than welcome to join me and the guys in hunting for some lost treasures :icon_king:

Cool! And when I get my gear....one of my "Must Hunts" is a very historic location (nothing to do with RR) in the Scranton area. The site dates back to 'only 1889'.....but I have a strong hunch that it'll yield nicely.
I don't know if we'd get away with 10+ people digging this sorta private but urban location (10 acres total).....but a handful would likely be fine.

I expect to have my gear in 2 months or less (looks like I'll be getting a Whites MXT). I'll approach the property 'decision makers' and touch base with you again then. :thumbsup:

-

NEPA

Feb 15, 2009
Poconos, North East, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX, SE
[/quote]

Cool! And when I get my gear....one of my "Must Hunts" is a very historic location (nothing to do with RR) in the Scranton area. The site dates back to 'only 1889'.....but I have a strong hunch that it'll yield nicely.
I don't know if we'd get away with 10+ people digging this sorta private but urban location (10 acres total).....but a handful would likely be fine.

I expect to have my gear in 2 months or less (looks like I'll be getting a Whites MXT). I'll approach the property 'decision makers' and touch base with you again then. :thumbsup:

-
[/quote]

I am just South of you off of interstate 380 (near Mt. Pocono). If you find yourself short of folks to hunt with, I am open to anything!

OP
OP
Gary in Pennsylvania
Feb 23, 2009
Moscow-ish, Pa
Detector(s) used
NEPA said:
I am just South of you off of interstate 380 (near Mt. Pocono). If you find yourself short of folks to hunt with, I am open to anything!

Hey NEPA! Absolutely!

I live off of the Daleville exit of I-380.

I'll let y'all know.

-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread