jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The most recent statistics the state Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had regarding Lyme disease were from 2010, according their websites. The average number of cases of Lyme disease in people in Schuylkill County is between 10 and 49 per 100,000, according to the Department of Health's website.
In 2010, 94 percent of Lyme disease cases were reported from 12 states: Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Hampshire, New York, Virginia and Wisconsin, according to the CDC.
"We are always one of the leading states for Lyme disease nationwide," Cronkright said.

"In general, insects of all species are out five to six weeks earlier this year than in typical years," she said.

"I think it's because of the mild winter and because it was rainy and there was so much moisture in the beginning of the year. We're getting cats and dogs in that are covered with them, just covered," Umlauf said.
However, Witman could not say for certain if the mild winter spurred an increase in tick population.
"With regards to the actual amount, that's really not something that we can conjecture. DEP, nor any other state agency, has an active tick-surveillance program," she said.
Pennsylvania is known for having a high rate of Lyme disease patients, according to Cronkright.
"In terms of being able to say for sure whether this will be a busier season for Lyme disease or not, we don't really know," Cronkright said Monday. "But what we do know is because the weather got warm so early, people have been spending more time outdoors, and the more time they spent outdoors, the more susceptible they are to being bitten by infected ticks."

Ticks revive threat of Lyme disease - News - Republican Herald

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My anecdotal experience is that there are more ticks this year. Spray up and be aware.

I like Permanone; it actually kills them, doesn't stink or melt plastic either.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My anecdotal experience is that there are more ticks this year. Spray up and be aware.

I like Permanone; it actually kills them, doesn't stink or melt plastic either.

Permanone has changed it's name.
My understanding Permanone was illegal to stock & sell up here in nazi baby sitters land.

now
Repel® Mosquito Stop™ Clothing & Gear Insect Repellent

same contents, Containing 0.5% permethrin but still not available at Wally_world
not sure if anywhere around here

Last edited:

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You aren't to far from Cabelas Jeff. They probably have it there...says a former employee.

submarine

May 19, 2012
I'm at the doctors office right now getting checked for Lyme disease. The bite has a bulls eye look to it. :(

submarine

May 19, 2012
I have the bacteria from the tick bite that causes Lyme disease. I'm having fever, joint pain, and headaches from it. Doc just gave me two shots and two weeks of medication and said I caught it just in time. Scary s**t!

ForumRunner_20120525_153019.png

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you caught it in time. Same with me, but I couldn't very well miss the little freeloader on my bod.

Yeah, Permethrin is around; if you have trouble finding it, you can get it online.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread