Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pan•de•mo•ni•um

ORIGIN mid 17th cent.: modern Latin (denoting the place of all demons, in Milton's Paradise Lost

Untitled.jpg

The Lost Town of Pandamonia, PA - ZPOST

more IMAGES

https://www.google.com/search?q=pan...0QHZ-4HwAg&sqi=2&ved=0CDYQsAQ&biw=783&bih=447

Last edited:

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey jeff i got to looking in to this. i clicked on the link and the pics of the henrys school and that old cemetary, ive actually been there i logged out the rode from that place. i stopped and walked around the area, very interesting area with alot of history. theres an old CC camp site with part of the building still standing. plus theres a legend of the robert lewis traveling some of the trails on that mountain.

the pictures on those old building i honestly have no idea where they are. i know there no where near that henerys cemetry.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
d___ ,

re: robert lewis you mean ("Robber" David Lewis) ?

I believe the buildings are places he saw on his trip to & from Pandamonia.
& yes I wouldn't mind a trip there to hunt if allowed.
apparently most is owned or at least controlled by DCNR & the rest privately owned.
and since DCNR can be very accommodating in state Parks & forests in PA
permission to hunt may be possible

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The area I was in was all state ownes forests back there. I know of an old farm house that's a state owned camp up there now also. The forestor told me a few years ago no one will bother u MDing up in thag area. He said prolly not a a goos idea to detect the cemetery lol.

Yea the robber david lewis sorry lol that has all the treasure legends from central Pa. There is actually a trail called the sheriffs trail that is maybe a mile or 2 past the cemetery. The forestor told me the sheriff would travel that trail bc there was numorous stage coach robberies.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pretty far distance for me, either using the Millersburg Ferry,
Or traveling to the dauphin narrows & back up.
But Good Luck Hunting if you ever get over that way :icon_thumright:

If I ever decide to take a Trip, I'll definitely let you know

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its about an hour from where I live too. Ive been wanting to get down in there for a few years now. Since I started my new job my days off r in the middle of the week so it might be easier for me. There's just so much history in that area.

RushinPA

Mar 11, 2010
Gardners, PA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, F-75
Hunted a couple years ago, no coin, or buttons, a few axe heads. Rugged terrain, bring everything you will need for a full day. Neat how they piled rocks every so often to clear the land. If you don't care for snakes, you should try somewhere else.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted a couple years ago, no coin, or buttons, a few axe heads. Rugged terrain, bring everything you will need for a full day. Neat how they piled rocks every so often to clear the land. If you don't care for snakes, you should try somewhere else.

I don't see snakes. it's like ticks & indian artifacts.
Everyone says there there, but unless you point them out to me, My eyes don't normally see them.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Where did u hunt at in there
Where the old school was?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread