SW PA Swimming holes

Iteach

Jun 8, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi Folks,
I'm still new to most of this stuff, but since I live in Bethel Park, and was curious about if any of you have gone MDing in any of the local swimming holes and lakes around our region. In particular, I'd love to be able to do some diving and exploring at a place outside of perryopolis nicknamed "Blue Hole". I was there back when I was like 21 or so, partied my ass off and never went back. I know I had to 4WD down to the creek, named ????
Have any of you ever tried spots like this, and what kind of luck did you have ? Please advise, comment or share. Thanks

gselestow

Greenie
Jul 8, 2014
Blue Hole is actually on the cheat river. It's a big WVU party spot. It's like an oasis in the middle of nowhere. If you can find Masontown WV you will be close to it. The name of the dirt road that takes you to if escapes me.

Ares623

Oct 3, 2015
Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iteach,
There's a few blue hole swimming areas. I'm thinking of the one located off 711 in Normalville past 7 springs. Or coming from Perry off of 51 south to 201 I believe. The creek name is Indian head or just Indian. I partied like crazy there back in the day. Unfortunately some of my classmates met their end at that place diving off the rocks. That was when PSP started cracking down. You definitely needed a 4x4 to get down that mountain side and back out. Last I heard PSP shut the place down years ago. The last time I was there was the mid -late 90's so my info about it being closed down could be incorrect.

stevei48

Oct 3, 2015
Mckeesport Pa.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter land ranger pro
vibra probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never been there, After doing some googling, it is a short drive from my house. It is located in Pa. state game lands # 296, so no metal detecting. I also read that the swimming area had been fenced off. There is hiking trails through the area, and locals ride dirt bikes and quads in the area. If you want more information, google blue hole Perryopolis Pa.

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread