Williams Grove Amusement Park Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania ?

doverturtle

Apr 23, 2010
York County, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Infinium; XP Deus; Minelab Excalibur 1000
I don't remember a roller coaster that large being there, but I was probably around 12 years old the last time I was at the park and am now in my 40s. There is now a flea market there every Sunday. I have been told that no one is allowed in the part of the park where the old derelict rides are located. I may try asking the park owner personally sometime about the possibility of detecting there, perhaps as a group activity.

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have emailed the race track there and they proceeded to reply back that the track owns the park and it's now private property and they WILL NOT allow anyone in there to detect, or do anything for that matter. I live about 4 minutes from this place. Long before it was an amusement park it was picnicking area in the late 1800's (or so I've read). I think it would be a killer spot, just got to find the right person to talk to. I haven't given up hope yet. There is a creek the runs right along the property, I've thought about detect it. I talked with a law enforcement officer a awhile back and he said there should not be any legal issues with detecting the creek as its owned by the people of the commonwealth of Pennsylvania. He said as long as I am not on private property then there is no problem. I'm just not sure if someone saw me in the creek swinging if they would run me out. I really don't know the laws pertaining to creek hunting and the last thing I want is to have a police officer show up and fine me or take my equipment.

doverturtle

Apr 23, 2010
York County, PA
Detector(s) used
If the creek is navigable, you can detect. If not, it is considered private property, so permission would need to be obtained to detect.

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to creek detecting. Could you define navigable. It flows through many cities and townships and the general public can access this creek in many areas for fishing and tubing. Does that consider it navigable?

doverturtle

Apr 23, 2010
York County, PA
Detector(s) used
Navigable means it has historically been used commercially for the delivery of goods or other such services.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions