Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Untitled.jpg

Types of stories that will be found in each volume include:

Pennsylvania Indian legends, and tales from Pennsylvania's Indian wars: Accounts handed down from generation to generation in Pennsylvania families who first settled here and who experienced the trials and tribulations of border warfare and who heard original Native American legends from the Pennsylvania Indians themselves.

Supernatural Tales: Stories dealing with ancient Pennsylvania superstitions and fears about the devil, haunted houses, and witches who could ride broomsticks, turn themselves into black cats, or cause bodily harm to people and animals just by casting an evil spell.

Human Interest Episodes: Memories of lost treasures, hidden gold, moonshiners, gypsies, and enormous snakes, these are the "tall tales" that could often be heard when old-timers gathered around "pot belly" stoves of country stores or around the fireplaces of settlers' homesteads in the days when story-telling was the primary means of entertainment.

Natural "gargoyle" (Bear Meadows Natural Area, Centre County)
gargoyle.jpg

excerpt from one of the tales

Un.jpg

No I am not the author.
so

Google:

Pennsylvania Fireside Tales

If interested.

I have not Ordered these Yet So I can't give a Review, But they Look interesting

Last edited:

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting! Thanks Jeff!

JimJ

Mar 24, 2016
Metz, WV
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, At Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find Jeff! Thank you for sharing. With the research you do maybe you should try to author a book or two as well! I know of a certain group that would be interested!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread