Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania

BobPA

Feb 18, 2007
Williamsport, Home of Little League Baseball
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, JW Fisher Pulse 8X
TeddyB1967 said:
I found this link and thought it might be helpful in researching places to MD in Williamsport. I'm not that far from Williamsport, maybe 20/30 minutes away.

http://www.historicwilliamsport.com/features.html

I haven't really went thru all the links on this site, but it looks like a good site to check thru for more info on places to seek permission to hunt.

Thanks for the link. I am from Williamsport and will spend some time reading the info. PM me if you ever get down this way.
Bob

OP
OP
TeddyB1967

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
Your Welcome Bob. I'll letcha know when I get to Williamsport, my car isnt running very well right now grrrr >:( so I havent been to far with it.

O

Officer Dave

Bob&Teddy..I am up here in Tioga County..Just wandering how people are about asking permission down there in Bill town.??Traveling through I have looked at a lot of places..Any Advise.?
Ps: Bob..Are you from Tioga County.?I Might know you Bud..!!
Dave

OP
OP
TeddyB1967

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
I have no advice on asking for permission LoL Im not good at asking stranger's for permission just yet 8) :-\ I havent been out to much, I only go to public places where I don't need to ask anyone. I hope I grow out of this shyness soon, not many places to go where you dont have to ask someone first.

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
My wife and I visited the Lycoming Historical Society, Tom Tabor Museum a few years ago. A great place to go for those interested in the lumbering era of the north central portion of Pennsylvania.

greywolf

Aug 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Bounty HunterIV, Bounty Hunter QD II
I live in Carbon county now but up until 2003 I lived in Williamsport.and that would be 65 years . I would be glad to help with info if I can.

OP
OP
TeddyB1967

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
Officer Dave said:
Bob&Teddy..I am up here in Tioga County..Just wandering how people are about asking permission down there in Bill town.??Traveling through I have looked at a lot of places..Any Advise.?
Ps: Bob..Are you from Tioga County.?I Might know you Bud..!!
Dave

I think now would be an AWESOME time to go detect the grounds of the Little League World Series field. ;) Should be someone around cleaning up that would give permission.

greywolf

Aug 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
If you go to little league..stay off the fields..I'm told they don't take kindly to people on them..the outer bank ..I strongly suggest getting permission....lower parking areas also but again ask first..

greywolf

Aug 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
In the same rea of the little league park is the South Williamsport Rec. area..it s a park with a pool and other places.

Dec 7, 2009
Hey all, I am a genealogist in Lycoming County. I am looking for any help (esp. pictures) that anyone has to offer on the Rowley-Rishel House, 707 West Fourth Street, Williamsport

allan

Oct 7, 2008
Vega Baja
I know a few lumber camps near the borders of tioga and potter counties from way back deep in the woods off francis letonia rd, near the manor hotel if anyone is interested, I never got to detect there but the road is unpaved for at least 13 miles before you get to the trail to the one and we found remanants of a wood stove and a few other things lying on the surface, a few rusty cone top beer cans they are close to where the military fighter went down in ww-2. also know of an old cabin that had fallen down years before and I found it in 1976. old timers said it was old back then, our cabin was built right around 1945 and they say that one was way older.the one logging camp had a watering hole there and a few remains of foundations.if you stop at the our old cabin see if you can find the buck 110 model I dropped in the snow in 1977 lol never did find it in the spring

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread