Indian towns and forts map

m_sibole

Sep 15, 2007
I am a recent lurker to the site. I can't wait to get my first detector and hit some of these sites in central PA. If anyone is interested I have a map of some old Indian Towns and forts in Central PA. I can't post them they are too large of files. I can email a .SID format pic. and if I have to the mrsid.exe file too. The towns are around Baldeagle creek.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome m_sibole

Thanks for Joining us & offering this info
to our Members.

Jeff

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Welcome aboard. Glad to have you with us.

This is a great site with a lot of super people here. What part of PA are you from?? Look forward to seeing pics of your finds and your stories. Don't be afraid to jump right in and post.

OP
OP
M

m_sibole

Sep 15, 2007
I'm from Waynesboro PA. It's no problem about the offer. I work for a surveyor and I really enjoy looking at old maps. I thought it would be a neat hobby to find some of the old indian towns that used to be around here. I have just recently moved here from south central Ohio which is big in indian history (Blue Jacket ect.). Around here the only thing you hear about is the civil war. So I though I would look into the indian settlements and things around. Any information I can give just let me know. I come across old abandoned roads and things all the time in my work that might make interested hunts.

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
m_sibole - Welcome -You will love the hobby, I know I'm hooked. I would be intrested in the maps. I am towards the east of you in Chester County. Any maps of my area?

Brian

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
M,

If you happen to come across any old maps of Forest and Warren Counties. Please let me know. I would be willing to pay for copying fees, if necessary. Thank you again. Look forward to seeing your pics of finds.

Ron.

BF750

Aug 2, 2007
NEPA, PA
RON (PA) said:
M,

If you happen to come across any old maps of Forest and Warren Counties. Please let me know. I would be willing to pay for copying fees, if necessary. Thank you again. Look forward to seeing your pics of finds.

Ron.

Samething here but for potter county

BF750

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread