Indian Stonehenge Site found in Pa, could be 10,000yrs old

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might have to move something around......I dont see where anything at all lines up with the 2 solstice lines you have marked.

Maybe when we see the sunrise reflect off a pond on the news it will make better sense.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know I'm being too sarcastic to be taken seriously. I'm just funning around but I doubt its Stonehenge related.
Once the science is settled then we will know the facts. Until then it's great stuff anyway.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be nice to have Lidar done at this site and that would solve everything but that cost a lot of money to have done, a lot of money. So GPS was our best choice to get the entire lay out. I hope the state or museum or someone has it done someday. There is some major finds we have not posted public yet for security reasons. If the rain does not stop this week we will not have a film crew on site to film the sun rise. They just found 16 rattle snakes in our area on Sat, they said they only go after the bigger ones 60" or more :BangHead: that's all I need now. I been there 3 months and did not see any but I am sure they saw me ???

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
If your scared of snakes (or having to prove your correct) for gods sake stay out of there. We wouldn't want the guilt if you got hurt. :laughing7:

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I did hunt snakes at one time but for a news crew to go up in the dark to film the sun rise is crazy with out snake raps and they cost $75 up. Then what about the people that want to see the site . I recommend anyone going to the site have the protection you need. A few weeks ago I showed a tree on site that was chewed up or clawed up and I thought porky pine did it but at the same spot there is deer hair all over and something is living among the big 8' stones at that spot. Could be a Link or bobcat so be careful .

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The online Pa. Statewide Lidar Hillshade Pennsylvania Imagery Navigator and Download Tool does not have the best resolution as opposed to Maryland's hillshade lidar. I use them for cave detection. I am sure you know about it.

lidar map 1.png lidar map 1_LI (3).jpg Thanks for the link, The 300' stone did show up in the first picture but the smaller stones did not and that's what we had hope to line them up to. We could not see the stone walk ways or the stone graves . I think a smaller Lidar on a drome would do the job but that is expensive to do. The red line is the summer solstices line and the stone is going in the same direction as we had hoped it was.

Attachments

• lidar site .png
    lidar site .png
    11.4 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snake boots, decent ones are $125 a pair. Plus shipping. I bought some but haven't used them yet. Bears, some with cubs, also live up there. They will do you in fast. Wandering out at night, not in a vehicle with a high powered rifle or two. No, not for me. I saw a bear about 200 pounds, a smaller one, run across the road in front of me in the area 2 weeks ago. Kinda laughed at it.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New Age if you want to see the site let me know. I will take you there so you can give us your views on it,

i am very interested in checking this site out. I live close enough to pa and will actually be staying in pa july 7th through the 17th. If you could give me the location I would love to go check it out and see what all the fuss is about. all I need is a gps location or a mark on a map.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am very interested in checking this site out. I live close enough to pa and will actually be staying in pa july 7th through the 17th. If you could give me the location I would love to go check it out and see what all the fuss is about. all I need is a gps location or a mark on a map.

To Falls
If you park at the red spot on the map , you are in #2 village . Park at the stone camp or look for a brown wooden post on the left side of the road 100' up from the camp. DCNR put it there , it says TRAIL TO FALLS . If you park at the power lines , you passed the Indian site. The stone camp sits in #2 Village. A lot of people walk down to the falls and its something great to see. The Indians dug the path from #1 and #2 village that takes you to the river. Keep a eye out for dug out areas on the right side of the path. This is were they worked when down at the river. There is about 15 dug out areas all the same size along the river. Many Indian Artifacts were located in this area over the years. If you go to the 300' stone , I would ware snake raps. I have not seen a snake in 3 months but they are there.

https://pabucketlist.com/how-to-find-round-island-run-falls/

To Indian Stonehenge site
Drive past the stone camp and look for a parking lot area on the right, its about 200'. Its not a good place to park because of the mud, I park along the road. If you walk in to this parking area , there is a path to the left TAKE IT. You will walk through a fallen tree cut open that fell over the path. Then with in 100' on the left you will see the stone graves and on the right you will see the stone walk ways. Take a copy of the map I made to get you to all the sites. If you stay on the path until you find another BIG TREE that fell over the path, go around it and STOP. Look up hill on your right. You will see the stone works going 250' up hill and the 2nd grave site is left of it. If you go back on the path and follow this stone walk way it will take you to #4 village and at the end of the stone walk way you will see water running slow. Water is still running at all 4 stone walk ways. Both camps sit on village sites and both use the water.
There is no path up to the 300' stone site, if you make it to the 1st grave yard site the stone is up hill on the right. Its hard to see it from the path but I would mark the way you go in with plastic white bags or yellow tape so you can find your way back. Its easy to get lost in that area. On site you will see the Sacrifice stone , and the big Alter stone in the corridor . Check out the small hidden room under the Alter stone or what we call the Talking Stone. Go around the big 300' stone and you will see many pointer and standing stones. Check out the dry river bed at the SW end of the stone and follow it for 200'. It ENDS and the water runs into a circle of stones then goes under ground through the man dug trenches down to #1 village. If you take a GPS unit you can track out work and a compass is good to have on hand to check out the lay out of the site for the solstices.

Last edited:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you park at the spot on the map , you are in #2 village . Park at the stone camp or look for a brown wooden post on the left side of the road 100' up from the camp. DCNR put it there , it says TRAIL TO FALLS . If you park at the power lines , you passed the Indian site. The stone camp sits in #2 Village. A lot of people walk down to the falls and its something great to see. The Indians dug the path from #1 and #2 village that takes you to the river. Keep a eye out for dug out areas on the right side of the path. This is were they worked when down at the river. There is about 15 dug out areas all the same size along the river. Many Indian Artifacts were located in this area over the years. If you go to the 300' stone , I would ware snake raps. I have not seen a snake in 3 months but they are there.

https://pabucketlist.com/how-to-find-round-island-run-falls/

Drive past the stone camp and look for a parking area on the right, Its not a good place to park because of the mud but if you walk to this parking area , there is a path to the left TAKE IT. You will walk through a fallen tree cut open that fell over the path. Then with in 100' on the left you will see the stone graves and on the right you will see the stone walk ways. Take a copy of the map I made to get you to all the sites. If you stay on the path until you find another BIG TREE that fell over the path, go around it and STOP. Look up hill on your right. You will see the stone works going up hill and the 2nd grave site is left of it. If you go back and follow this stone walk way it will take you to #4 village and at the end of the stone walk way you will see water running slow.

I'll be on the clarion river so right next door to this place. For sure want to check it out when I am down there in a few weeks. Can you just give me a few gps locations? I remember you saying you have them. Much easier for me to just find my way than to try and follow verbal directions.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NEW  SITE.jpg Copy this map and take it with you so you find all sites. The GPS numbers are on the Falls site, I will copy them and post.

Attachments

• N Map 1.jpg
    N Map 1.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread