Asking for Permission

Treasure Quest

Jan 17, 2008
I have located property that was used during the first half of the century as an amusement park. It is no longer used for anything. I have located the owner which is a woman who does not live in the area. I have her telephone number but I'm not quit sure how to approach her or ask her. I have never had success asking for permission by phone. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

JD007

Mar 11, 2007
PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
If you have her address too, you might want to contact her by mail first. If not give her a call and explain what you would like to do. Tell her that you would be willing to sign an injury waiver in case you get hurt, you won't sue her. Also it might be good to offer to share what you find with her. Anyway GOOD LUCK :)

colonial relic hunter

Nov 26, 2007
Harrison city, Pa
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X3 & X2 and X5. Whites spectrum & silver eagle ll. Garrett ADS 4.
1. Just be honest!!

2. Tell her your interest in the place.! (like the history)

3. Don't go on for ever. (Like a minute or 2 or so)

4. Then pop in the question on what you want to do.(short and sweet)

5. If she's a little "I don't sounding", Then promise her that you will show her everything you find & you are just out to preserve history the great amusement park has left so it just don't rot away. You will take good care of the property.

6. Then say you will sign a waver! If all fails.(I never really had to do one yet myself)

So if you stick with that you should be okay. It works for me. REMEMBER BE HONEST.

Bill(pa)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread