PA State Archives

Mr. Mojo

Jan 9, 2007
Hummelstown, PA
Detector(s) used
Exp II
Ok folks, how many of you have been to the State Archives in Harrisburg. I have been there on genealogy searches mostly. does anyone have significant experience doing searches there? I have experience searching county courthouses, been doing that for over twelve years. The Archives has such a large database that it is like googleing, you get SO much material that you can't wade thought it. I am seeking experience in refined searches. The museum is open Saturday mornings I think until 1.

I have a night job now that will allow time for weekly searches here. I am interested in stagecoachs, toll roads, taverns and the sort. Old maps though few may be the bonanza here. I have searched files of photos categorized by individuals, and have acquired info on areas, ie groves. That can be time consuming, but if you want areas lost to time that needs to be done.

I just love this aspect of the hunt. Is there anyone interested in going to the Archives to search that we could combine talents and ideas. I am not too secretive on my finds, I have many places to search, just looking for sites not searched is my goal.

Email me at [email protected]

Happy Hunting
Chuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread