deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thought since I have a day off for a change and the weather's so nice...gonna take a run up to Erie and hit Presque Isle beaches.
Don't really care if I find anything or not...just need a day to get away. Too much work, buying a house, moving, divorce...bla,bla,bla.......

Anyone else here hit the beaches there?

I'll let you know what and if i find anything worth while...besides solitude and peace of mind.
Al

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
been planning a trip there in the fall this year Al let me know what you find, wish I could go but my Doc won't let me out to play yet. Dammit ! :icon_scratch:

generik

Apr 11, 2007
Selinsgrove, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V
Enjoy the excape-trip. We all need them from time to time. Mine was two weeks ago. Didn't find much, except my sanity. Good luck finding that :)

bjw

Feb 2, 2006
Fleetwood, PA
Detector(s) used
X5 Tesoro DFX
sound like a plan. Always good to get away when things build up to a certain point. Enjoy the drive and good luck on the beach!
BJW

OP
OP
deepskyal

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AAAhhhhhh.........

Found some sanity...never took the tector out. Soooo many people there Saturday. Frizbee, football, a few (very few) waders...sounded like the water was still ice cold. There was still even a few isolated chunks of ice on the beach....couldnt believe it! Just kinda hung out and enjoyed the scenery, waited a couple hours to see if folks would leave as the clouds rolled in and the air off the lake was blowin in kinda cool.

Nope...buncha die hards playin on a decent day.

Checked out where the sand mounds are and wondered if the winter storms tossed coinage far inland to the parking lots that were still a foot deep in sand over the roads.

But....I bet I looked like some drunk driver driving on 79N, looking far off into the woods for some random old foundation or something that would indicate a prospect for detecting on another trip. I kept slowing down below 65, I'd drift a bit from side to side....

I hate this sign..."Emergency Parking Only". A couple times i wanted to pull off for a little hike into the woods to check out some odd formation or something.

Gas is $3.55 a gal in Erie, everywhere! It's still only (ONLY???) $3.45 here. I got 34 mpg in my car. pretty good I think.

But all in all, I had my detector, I enjoyed the scenery (including the sun-worshiping women), the air, some sun...

Very, very calming.

Next time maybe I'll stay longer when I dont have to worry about driving the 2 plus hours back home late at dark in the rain and will do some detecting. Hate driving in the dark and rain.

Al

thunter95

Jul 16, 2007
Lewisberry, PA
Detector(s) used
White's XLT / White's Surf PI Pro / White's Surfmaster II / White's IDX / White's Classic III
Al,
Hit Presque Isle a couple times. When the beach is full go oout and hit the area around the food stands and the paths on and off the beaches. You will find stuff and no problem with people.

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QDII / Cen Tec Pinpointer
deepskyal said:
Thought since I have a day off for a change and the weather's so nice...gonna take a run up to Erie and hit Presque Isle beaches.
Don't really care if I find anything or not...just need a day to get away. Too much work, buying a house, moving, divorce...bla,bla,bla.......

Anyone else here hit the beaches there?

I'll let you know what and if i find anything worth while...besides solitude and peace of mind.
Al

If you come up this way this year let me know. Maybe i can meet you there.
Mark

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
You went to Erie and didn't invite.....ME??? :'(
I feel sooo alone and not wanted.
Just kidding. :)

Glad you got a day to get away and had some time to yourself. It sounds relaxing even if you didn't get the MDer out.

We will have to plan a day to go up and meet up with the Erie TNet people. We just got to wait until my son gets another detector. The one he got for Christmas was broke so sent it back and they sending another.

Oh, for gas, you need to cross the bridge more often. We are paying $1.67/gallon.

Sue

OP
OP
deepskyal

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol...Ummm..back in April it was 3.55...yea a whole lot cheaper today.

Still a few pennies more on this side of the river Sue...about 1.72 the cheapest i saw so far...but a far cry from the 4 bucks this summer.

Sorry to hear about your sons present...but I'm sure that at Santa's workshop, they'll make it good as new. :wink:

And that real nice almost 70 degree day we had last weekend...guess who was working and too exhausted to even lift a detector? No that I'm off a weekend...look at the weather. 20's, snow/rain mix......story of my life...lol

But yea...I do think we need an Erie trip to meet up them northerners.......when it gets a little nicer.

Oh...Hey Sue...that ring thing I found at the mine...it's off a candle holder. Someone Id'd it on the What is it forum.

Keep in touch,
Al

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
That is really cool to know that ring thing is off a candle holder.

Son was upset about his metal detector, I never looked at it when I got it. KellyCo is being awesome about replacing it and they paid for me to ship it back to them. He was hoping to get out and play with it in the backyard and maybe go to a park when we had the nice temps. He has been in TNet reading boards and seeing what other people have found with there ACE 250. He also has watched the instructional video a couple of times. By the time the new one gets here he will know how to operate it.

I am up for a road trip when the weather gets nicer. It would be nice to get several of us from around here to all go up.

Sue

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread