Silver in Elk Run ????

gods country girl

May 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this in a book called the History of Elk Run , printed in 1929.Later in the book it says the silver is up Brace Run/Bloody Run which as far ias i know is part of the Elk Run area

Elk Run is up past Watrous Pa

not sure if this could be used as a lead but, i'm posting it anyway

GCG

Attachments

• the history of elk run   1929 page 22-23.jpg
    the history of elk run 1929 page 22-23.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 357
OP
OP
G

gods country girl

May 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no this Elk Run is just up past Watrous PA.It got it's name back in the day when the indians used hunt the elk they would run them off the cliffs .

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.
Hi country girl,
Do you know if the schoolhouse is still there up in the marshlands or elk run. I have been all over on the three sides of that area but never rode up thru the marshland area for some unknown reason. I did some work on a house just a ways past the bridge from Watrous, but that is as far as I ever went. I may put that in my plans for this summer. I enjoy taking a Sunday ride on those forestry roads.
Later, Clayton

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.
From the book “History of Tioga County Pennsylvania 1897”

Marshfield,
Named in honor of Danforth K. Marsh, who settled on its site in 1847, is situated on Elk run, about two miles and a half above its mouth. A post office was established here in 1860, and Mr. Marsh appointed postmaster. He has held the office without interruption for over thirty six years and is one of the oldest postmasters in years of continuous service in the United States. In 1876 Mr. Marsh opened the first store in the place. In 1885 DeWitt Smith started another store, which was afterwards was run by George and Charles Frick, and later by W. H. Brownell. In 1895 it closed, leaving Mr. Marsh the only merchant in the place. The village now contains two churches, a school house, a grange hall and a blacksmith shop, the latter carried on by N. L. Hanscom

It would be a good detecting area,
Clayton

OP
OP
G

gods country girl

May 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes the schoolhouse is still there,it is now a township building.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions