Hail Storm

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
not so bad this time around here, mostly to the southeast towards philly. but last go around my son froze some that were the size of a quarter. no damage....just very loud

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing this side of the state. Rained around 9 last night...musta been the eastern half of Pa.
Al

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we got hit by something.

Spent the day in Harrisburg with a Friend & just got Drizzels there.

Came home here & out of Power till now

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
The storms were awful. We were lucky enough not to have any hail here but my son was riding home from the shore with friThereends and they got caught in it. He called me and I could hear it pummelling the car. I asked him if it damaged the car but he didn't see it after they got home . There were reports of tennis ball sized hair! Several tornados too but I guess there wasn't any damage from there fortunately.

labradoodle of pa

Feb 3, 2008
newburg pa
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 Tesoro Vaquero and Tiger Shark bullseye prob
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Chambersburg and Fayetville areas got a bad hail storm yesterday I live in Newburg out side Shippensburg about 17 miles northeast of there one of the guys that works for me at Letterkenny Army Depot got caught in it He has a new Ford truck and got some pretty good dents on the hood and roof He said it was the size of a quarter and looked like it snowed if I can find some one who got some pictures I will post them

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
got some this evening around 6pm. was doing the lawn. match head size hail mixed in with the rain. it was all over in 15 mins. or so

fyrfighter17

Feb 24, 2007
Essington,Pa
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got thumped here pretty good...hail,high wind continuous lightning....was even several tornado warnings posted due to radar echos that were right over our area..no touchdowns but I did for the first time in my life,see a group of storm clouds spinning...the whole group spun around a few times the shot off in a straight line and dissapated(sp)..strangest thing I've ever seen and about as close to a tornado that I ever want to be

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got the nasty storm and small hail. In West Chester they they reported 2 inch hail! That's huge for our area. Those suckers hurt!

Brian

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
one time in sullivan co. during hunting season it hailed for about 10 minutes and when it was over ther was almost an inch of it on the ground.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is listed as a Nebraska Hail Storm

But the Car looks like it has a Florida Plate

hailnebraska3.jpg

Either way that's Alot of Hail