Looking for person to travel to Canadas east coast for some Colonial site det.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for person to travel to Canada's east coast for some Colonial site det.

I'm posting this for a friend from WI who pays me a yearly visit to do some Colonial coin & relic hunting for 2-3 weeks at my early sites in the Canadian Maritime provinces. This past Dec. he lost his wife to cancer and would like someone to travel with and share the driving - trip expences. (gas - mid. size car, motel, etc.) He will be leaving Black River Falls on about Sept. 27th and doing most of the driving through the US. If you are in the area of one of the following places and have interest in this please message me and we can talk more.

Anywhere in Wisconsin. (it can probably be worked out)

Northern Illinois.

Nothern Indiana

Southern Michigan

Northern Ohio

South-West Pennsylvania

.... and anywhere in the US if you would be willing to meet somewhere along the route, preferably as close to WI as possible.

We hunt farm fields that date from the mid. 1700s to mid. 1800s, the earlier the better and these will be new fields we will be looking at as well as my best from the past if they have been ploughed. There is a long list of items that are possible to find here but to name a few I have found quite a few Spanish cobs and reales, Rev War & 1812 buttons, very wide varierty of early relics, then there's our Canadian Colonial tokens which we dig many of, for early American I have a Rosa Americana two pence, few CT coppers, Vermont, 1795 lg cent. Of course there is no guarantee in finds for detecting but I hold nothing back when taking guests to sites, I want to see great stuff come out. I do have many ideas for the Fall and at this point there is still more fields to try than we could cover. Each day there would be either 3 or 4 of us and I haven't ruled out setting a larger gathering up along the way to meet up with many of my friends along the coast. Yes we are all detecting junkies.

Anyway, that's a quick summary, any questions just write me. This post is just some help for him and should he find someone in the meantime it is of course his choice.

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Re: Looking for person to travel to Canada's east coast for some Colonial site det.

IP,

You are a kind guy for inviting people to your sites. Since you are so offering, where exactly do you hunt? Landowners name? Address of site? Etc.? :D

KP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread