Treasure Hunting Dog

Richard Ray

Feb 20, 2011
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Many brands, Magnetometer, GPR, Side Scan, etc.

Attachments

• Saddie treasure hunting.jpg
    Saddie treasure hunting.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 378

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Rich Ray, she is just too beautiful! And what a friend and companion she must have been to you!
So sorry she's only in your heart now, but, I find, that's where most of the BEST treasures lie.
Just like Saddie, no metal detector needed, just a good nose, and follow your heart.
(My little birds seems to me, like kindergarteners, 4 or 5 or so) Such sweet pure love! (oh there's another one hit wonder......the cat is off and running again).

Have a great day!

OP
OP
Richard Ray

Richard Ray

Feb 20, 2011
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Thanks Pat. She was a rare one, understood regular conversation and would often react to it even if I was talking to someone else... I could spend hours telling tales about her.
You are into birds? When living in Costa Rica, I had several but my best friends were a Scarlet Macaw and a Yellow head, had a Toucan and a Great Currsow for a while, never kept any animal caged, they came and went as pleased... Used to have a flock of wild Parakeets come visit, once in a while... Took a photo of 32 wild Scarlet Macaws in one tree...
Richard

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Richard Ray said:
Thanks Pat. She was a rare one, understood regular conversation and would often react to it even if I was talking to someone else... I could spend hours telling tales about her.
You are into birds? When living in Costa Rica, I had several but my best friends were a Scarlet Macaw and a Yellow head, had a Toucan and a Great Currsow for a while, never kept any animal caged, they came and went as pleased... Used to have a flock of wild Parakeets come visit, once in a while... Took a photo of 32 wild Scarlet Macaws in one tree...
Richard

Wow, Rich Ray, that's all so great! I know exactly, what ya mean about how animals talk to you.
My birds have different crys or alert sqwaucks; One that lets me know a kitty cat is coming into the yard, another to let me know the red tailed hawk is out and about, and another for when the hubby truck is coming down the street.

That one I pay attention to, because, If I have been useless all day, I can jump up, throw some empty pots and pans on the stove, put the lids on them, turn the oven on, so the smell of cooking gas is in the air, and act like I been doing something worthwhile! LOL! :laughing7:
(the cat is thankful, he don't bother to look in the pots, gotta appreciate that gift of trust)

And I'm glad he don't read t-net! LOL! :D

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Every time I've lost a pet, I've felt a little piece of myself die with it.

Sorry for your loss. There's so many other great dogs out there looking for homes. I hope you can find one.

OP
OP
Richard Ray

Richard Ray

Feb 20, 2011
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Smudge:
That's the end, no more dogs for me. I've been blessed to have had two excellent, intelligent dogs in my lifetime. My grandson has one here now that loves me and is smart, understands hand signals.
Richard

OP
OP
Richard Ray

Richard Ray

Feb 20, 2011
East Texas
Detector(s) used
My current friend

This is Jesse, belongs to my grandson. Jesse understands sign language very well and responds quickly. He has a favorite spot to lay, summer or winter... He's a keeper...
Richard

Attachments

• Jesse 3.jpg
    Jesse 3.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 1,355
  • Jesse & snow 2.jpg
    Jesse & snow 2.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 316

LiquidAsset

Sep 8, 2010
Somewhere Beautiful......
Detector(s) used
A plethora of gadgets...
Ur exactly the kind of person that needs to be owning dogs. So many need the love you can offer. I still say I can never do it again, then one seems to pop up and here I am again with more dogs.

Both my boys died from horrific cancers within a year. Nursing them both and importing every possible cancer killing agent possible. Very few times I even left the house. It was 24/7 care. I was not able to heal either of them. It has been almost two years now and the pain has finally subsided. The memory lasts forever. Both of them took a piece of me with them. As they should of, they deserve it.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh rr Jesse is beautiful! If she loves you, takes your hand signals, she is your companion too.
Like the perfect grandchild, you can always take 'em back home, when your done with them! :laughing7:

Perfect set-up! Amongst all our immiediate neighbors, we all know each others animals, as sometimes, they get out, or we need to get into their yards. They know, who is who!
Another time I'll tell ya about me having to rescue my neighbors leopard hound, from getting shot by the police

OP
OP
Richard Ray

Richard Ray

Feb 20, 2011
East Texas
Detector(s) used
LiquidAsset said:
Ur exactly the kind of person that needs to be owning dogs. So many need the love you can offer. I still say I can never do it again, then one seems to pop up and here I am again with more dogs.

Both my boys died from horrific cancers within a year. Nursing them both and importing every possible cancer killing agent possible. Very few times I even left the house. It was 24/7 care. I was not able to heal either of them. It has been almost two years now and the pain has finally subsided. The memory lasts forever. Both of them took a piece of me with them. As they should of, they deserve it.
Sorry to learn of your loss, I know the pain, having now lost my oldest son, my wife and now my dog.

OP
OP
Richard Ray

Richard Ray

Feb 20, 2011
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Here is a relaxed dog, this was my Saddie a year or two before she passed, just an interesting photo...

Attachments

• SaddieAnn2.JPG
    SaddieAnn2.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 269
OP
OP
Richard Ray

Richard Ray

Feb 20, 2011
East Texas
Detector(s) used
SamLowel said:
Richard--what kind of dog is Jesse? He has such a beautiful color!
My grandson says he is half golden retriever and and half yellow Lab.
Richard Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread