Stone marker?

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
josh,

I can't think of any info with regards to the footprint right now. We'll just have to wait for inputs from the member-experts on Yamashita treasure signs. In the meantime, slider66's tongue-in-cheek "35 as in feet" will do. Just be ready with a pitcher pump so all the water will not go to waste..

-- tabu

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
There are three large rocks on the left side and five small on the right side. Could it mean the number 35?

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hi, slider66,

So sorry for missing your point by a kilometer. All the while I thought you were alluding to the inevitability of hitting the water table at 35 feet (as in my neighborhood). Are you implying a downward vertical orientation (i.e., 35-ft deep) or 35 ft horizontal distance between 3 or more landmarks identified with certainty?

Regards,

--tabu

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sorry Tabu I was referring to picture 7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joshua2004

Jan 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fy.png

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Josh,

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't your site found on a slope and the trees ID'ed as well as the sign-rocks are roughly aligned on 2 parallel horizontal swath and with the latter at a slightly lower level?

The "Eureka!" moment seems to be a long time coming. Or never..

"...it's clear as mud
an' it cover da ground ..." ( a snippet from a 1950's calypso hit sang by Harry Belafonte)

--tabu

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very interesting thread.

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Poor old General Yamashita. He's been dead a long time after being hanged from a tree in Los Banos, Laguna. His cosmopolitan appeal persists and transcends borders. People can't get enough of him and his fabled treasure (he's an all-time hot topic here at TreasureNet).

Levity aside, treasure hunters of whatever color, persuasion or political affiliation should help reduce the overall carbon footprint of the Philippines by planting trees as they go about their almost quixotic obsession to dig, dig, and dig. It might yet embarrass the notorious polluters including those who refused to sign the first accord-- the Kyoto Protocol.

--tabu

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My site is slope area.

Josh,

Why don't we try another tack? If the trees and the sign rocks are roughly parallel to each other and forming 2 terraces with the rocks on the lower side, make an imaginary third terrace below the rocks. See if you can find any clues. On a slope usually one does not dig vertically but horizontally like creating an adit.

Trust your "gut feel" even if it's an absurd hunch. Absurdity is a widely shared commodity in this TH'ng hobby.
A fisherman still go out angling even if he can't see the fish. Better than staying at home and washing the dishes for the wife..

N.B.

1. Again, is there a stream at the base of the slope?
2. If there is a stream, what's on the opposite side of the slope-- another slope (hillside or mountainside) or flatland or plain?
3. We'll talk about the turtles next time like why they're up there and not down by the foot of the slope (or stream if present).

Last edited:

joshua2004

Jan 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that true if we break turtle sign their have treasure inside or give aways?

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Perhaps. Or they're just "works of art" done by soldiers bored but mostly tired and worried about their predicament as they are far away from their families and homes. But they can be signposts leading to where the treasure is hidden or mere decoy signs to deceive.

Since a metal detector is not available on short notice, you may have to break it up but try to survey the the entire surrounding thoroughly first in order to make sure you are not destroying an important landmark for triangulation. Try to study carefully the Google-earth imageries (historical and most recent) of the area. You might find "red flags" or features worth exploring on the ground. And you can even "peel off" colors to highlight details of interest.

joshua2004

Jan 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
their have small stream but no water this time because of the earthquake [30 to 40 meters estimate]
leftside stream estimate 150 meters
rightside estimate 150 meters distance
24.jpg

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Josh,

You might be wondering why I keep on reminding you about "streams" and the like. Based on personal observation in the field, and therefore, a personally biased opinion, turtle signs seem to indicate the presence of streams, creek or other watercourses in the vicinity. To cite an example: A turtle sign was found on a cornfield and a heart sign 2 meters away on an east-west direction. The suspect treasure site was 30 meters away to the west and 3 to 4 meters from a low ridge overlooking a meandering stream below. As expected there was no sign over the site but on digging a cluster of stones neatly piled on a well-defined softer spot and without signs was encountered at a depth of 1.5 meters. Of course, there's no need to tell how the pinpointing was done as there are as many ways as there are seekers.

A turtle is an aquatic animal and its habitat is a watery world unlike that of the tortoise which lives on dry land and can even survive in a semi-arid environment. Oftentimes, keeping your nose too close to a particular ground will deprive you of seeing the bigger picture. Be like a bird-- it doesn't lose sight of the forest while perched on a lowly branch of a sapling.

You can toy with the idea (we're just playing a game, remember?) that the turtle signs on the sloping site refer to these streams below or perhaps including the other stream on the other side of the ridge. Maybe the smaller "sleeping" turtle is suggestive of the nearer dried-up stream.

An imaginary scenario:

A Japanese treasure hunter under the guise of a vacationing tourist arrives at your place. Armed with a WWII-era treasure map which he alone can decipher, he looks for the old tugas and bato-an trees from a distance and upon reaching their location, searches the ground carefully for the turtle-sign and other signs in stones. From there, pinpointing the exact spot of where the Yamashita loot is buried will be as easy as saying, "Hai!"

A real Philippine turtle has no business roaming around up high on a slope far from a water source. The turtle sign(s)--- decoy, true reference or both? ???

Send me a PM sometime.

--tabu

Last edited:

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Josh,

I'd wish some kind of deliverance (not the biblical kind) would come your way soon. If only the crowd focusing on your little adventure will get down from the bleachers and unto the field and to participate in this anything-goes-no-rules-and-no-referees game. Right now, you're sandwiched between Moore's Law (if the going is good, it can only get better!) and Murphy's Law (if whatsoever can go wrong, it will!). But don't you worry TreasureNet will come to your rescue..

In the meantime, I'll re-read you PM and sleep on it. Dreams have an uncanny way of revealing the answer.

--tabu

Last edited:
OP
OP
Staffhaws

Staffhaws

Oct 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We found a text-book perfect site. I've heard all the stories, read all resources, seen all the markers and traps. Been underground as deep as 130ft. Spent millions of Pesos and hired about 50 persons already. We even bought eXp 4500 from Nancy - and after a year still to no avail. Who can help me with markers? Who can help me how to use properly the Super Sensor or the 25,50,75 and 100cm horizontal probes? We even have the tunnel probe and thermoscanner. Yes, our group probably is the most equipped - using lifters, jack hammers, etc. but even though we have all that we need we still don't have that elusive find. I started this thread with a smiling rock, but now we can't smile at all.

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We found a text-book perfect site. I've heard all the stories, read all resources, seen all the markers and traps. Been underground as deep as 130ft. Spent millions of Pesos and hired about 50 persons already. We even bought eXp 4500 from Nancy - and after a year still to no avail. Who can help me with markers? Who can help me how to use properly the Super Sensor or the 25,50,75 and 100cm horizontal probes? We even have the tunnel probe and thermoscanner. Yes, our group probably is the most equipped - using lifters, jack hammers, etc. but even though we have all that we need we still don't have that elusive find. I started this thread with a smiling rock, but now we can't smile at all.

Perhaps a quick trip to the Louvre Museum might give us a hint in Mona Lisa's smile. I couldn't find it in Lt. Gen. Tomoyuki Yamashita's portrait though I think there is some kind of intriguing smugness on his inscrutable mien..

E.T.-- "it's out there, somewhere".

Bill Gates found his mind-boggling treasure through a wormhole in his mother's (or was it somebody else's) kitchen..

--tabu

Last edited:

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
engraving on the stone dot and X mark [ right spot]
View attachment 1125568

what kind of this rock very heavy almost 100-150 Kls.
View attachment 1125569 View attachment 1125570

Try finding the remaining 2 dots or circles. You already have 1 in a quadrant in the above picture with the 'X' and another in the picture below with the red sign pen scribbled on another rock. As I've mentioned earlier, the intersect in an 'X' or X-like configuration might indicate the location of what you're searching for (unless you're just being taken for a ride).

Or, find all the anti-dots or anti-circles and the resulting anti-intersects. Sounds crazy. But how come physicists are deadpan serious about the existence of anti-matter? :icon_scratch:

--tabu

"The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it is open."
(Ian Plimer)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread