Stone marker?

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hi Tabu,
What the meaning of 7KO on the mark of the stone?
View attachment 1131919

Josh,

I'm not an expert in signs (nor preoccupied with them). Besides, what's with the black sign pen overlay over the rock? Obviously, the letters or characters are deeply carved into the stone and for what? To withstand the passage of time? For emphasis? I wouldn't really know. But if it was the handiwork of someone from the Land of the Rising Sun, then it must be Japanese Braille and intended to be read by a visually-challenged JIA soldier or warrior.

The only person I can think of right now is my idol, Shintaro Katsu-- Zatoichi, The Blind Swordsman.

Again, a word of caution:

As I have insinuated, implied or stressed before, if all these things-- signs, carvings, marks, artifacts like porcelain, pistols, rifles, etc. are there for you to follow like in connecting dots to form a figure (in a kinder class, Crayolas on the side for coloring the enclosed spaces, is it Mickey, Minnie or Pluto?) then stand back and ruminate (as in a cow under the shade of a mango tree on a hot, mid-day summer sun).

Connecting the dots can be easy if you have the resources at hand but it can be darn EXPENSIVE. Naturally, frustration is counted as an expense item (you can add some more).

Question:

Why bury a truck (empty, SOP of course) used to transport boxes of gold bars in a spot and litter the area with tantalizing bits of clues like X'es, turtles, hearts, et cetera-- where it can eventually be unearthed even by a village bum in no time at all?

Answer:

Because the boxes of stolen gold bullion are safely hidden on the other side of the river, beyond the deep canyon, over the mountain top and actually it's really in there-- on the dark side of the moon... If you know what I mean...:occasion14:

Somehow, the majority of us TH'ers firmly believe (like sun-baked golfers in their own preoccupation) that ours is a noble endeavor and deserves a life-long devotion.

What's that again?

"There is but one step from the sublime to the ridiculous." (Napoleon)

If the Art of Deception and the Science of Concealment are so intertwined as to be unrecognizable one from the other in the eyes of the average Yamashita Treasure seeker, where does he go to find enlightenment? Luck? Serendipity? or the Eye in the Sky? ???

-- tabu

Last edited:

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Josh,

Have you found what I have requested? PM me again. Thanks.

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
DSC01400.JPG

Along the trail of the retreating JIA somewhere in Mindanao. :find::goldbar::dontknow:

The only reason for posting the photo is the existence of one large stone marker-- an "X" approximately 4 ft by 4 ft deeply carved into a flat-faced boulder ( background clearing) and easily discernible from the trail (foreground) that overlooks a river running through the divide.

Yamashita treasure hunting in the Philippines is FUN. We don't subject what is fun to scientific analysis or to anatomical dissection because it takes the fun out of fun. Not really. I stand corrected.

JUST DO IT. (Kobe Bryant, Nike Ad)

View attachment 1156353 DSC01394.JPG

This is the vantage point of the camera shot in the previous picture. The red arrow in this second photo indicates a notched tabular rock reminiscent of a rifle gun sight and one can actually see through the big man-made notch the "X" on the other side of the river. A native guide stands in front of a huge boulder that is as if set to fall over if the base is dug up (registered a 60 on the Gemini 3 analog meter which did not impress me). The guy a former surrenderee has since returned to active service in his NPA unit somewhere in the mountains. This particular search has been temporarily shelved as there has been a noticeable loss of enthusiasm among TH'ng members in pursuing the project upon the discovery of empty high-powered ammo shells scattered on top of the said boulder.

DSC01396.JPG

There are actually 2 "X"es as indicated by the red arrows and all are on the other side of the river and at some distance from where the long-haired guide (NPA undercover agent?) stood. Sore muscles, heat and thirst get the better of one trying to play a 70-year old mind game set up by people long dead after the end of the last war that was fought in this island.:unhappysmiley:

Happiness is not a destination, it's a journey. And so is misery (look at the blisters on your toes).

By the way:

Opposite the X'es across the river and on the camera's side are sheer limestone cliffs the bases of which are accessible by foot. Limestone formations are always associated with hollow innards-- caves and cavern systems and as these places were thickly forested during the war it would not be easy to find but the existence of which were known for generations by the indigenous inhabitants but were largely left alone in the belief that they were the abode of spirits. The natives would have pointed out the location of the entrance or openings during the war.

Perfect hiding places for truckloads of war booty. And how far? Approximately 25 kilometers from the main highway by motorbike-for-hire and the winding route passing through rice paddies and rolling farm hills. If the spent rifle shells on the boulder are any indication, further exploration wouldn't exactly be "a walk in the park".

Last edited:

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I believe the 7KO in black ink is the poster's own reading of the markings in the stone. Sorry, I'm an ignoramus as far as Kanji script is concerned. Again, we all strive to have an accurate approximation of our perception of reality and reality itself.

tabu

Last edited:

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Irony of ironies in this age of supercomputers and space travel. The answer lies in plain view somewhere and everywhere. In a Tokyo bar after downing three bottles of warm sake before hitting the sack one stormy night as a typhoon makes landfall, you the expat TH'er groggily mutter, "it's just Rorschach-- the Japanese kind." Perhaps, only a JIA farmhand-soldier conscript can appreciate the obscene humor in that piece of rock. If there is one.

The most important questions are often the unanticipated ones. (Robert Macke)

Last edited:

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
A picture worth a thousand words. Or an answer begging for the right question.

Is it for real? Like a true landmark or sign that would lead an assiduous searcher to one of the many treasure troves..? Or just a mindless work of art by a bored combatant?

Would the sign experts please stand up and be heard?

Josh, in the meanwhile let's play Boy Scouts. Take an accurate gps coordinate reading of all the signs, real or imagined and have them superimposed on a decent topographic map of the area. Do not hesitate to revise or to make corrections.

As you await the sign experts to "sign in", just SLEEP ON IT.

p.s.:

Some of you browsers must have had a vague recollection of an old post that I have long ago deleted in a similar Yamashita treasure-related thread about the possible use of gps coordinates in locating buried markers that may or may not point to a treasure site:

Near the edge of a cliff, an isolated clump of living bamboo "guarded" a big boulder that was neatly split 3 ways and resting 1 meter down under its roots. Exactly 100 meters to the west, an almost nondescript stone corresponded to a meticulously-Googled whole number, no decimal set of gps coordinates that would be easy to record and recall just by using a sextant during the war. Upon excavating, this stone turned out to be a big tabular rock standing on its edge and hemmed in by two big kidney-shaped boulders. Extrapolated was a third point 100 meters away to define an imaginary equilateral triangle and which was incidentally near an abandoned attempt at digging an adit by the cliff wall. The center of the triangle or the intersection of the three angles was easily figured out and pinpointed using a measuring tape. That is how a long burnt-black tree trunk was found standing vertically about a meter below the surface and the lower end resting on a flat rock further down. One can't help but be fascinated by the 'sub rosa' or concealed nature of it all.

tabu

Last edited:
OP
OP
Staffhaws

Staffhaws

Oct 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433859023.646107.jpg

Am no expert, but if that is 7kO then that's it.

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
View attachment 1172928

Am no expert, but if that is 7kO then that's it.

And I'm the ignoramus. So be it. Josh, DIG! Either way, the outcome would be an intensity 7 KNOCK OUT. What I mean is that elated or incensed, and after wiping the grimy sweat from your brows humming Frank Sinatra's "My Way" would still sound OK..

What was that buried five-foot long charred tree trunk doing standing up on a flat rock down at eight feet and the top about 3 feet from the surface, unmarked, MD-unresponsive and all by its lonesome?

Last edited:

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Bro Tabu,
Di ko maintindiha ano ibig sabihin mo. Please I need ur help

Josh

Patience, Josh. The magi are still out there somewhere. Lao-tzu: "They who know say nothing; they who say know nothing."

Last edited:

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Bro Tabu,

under big turtle is this possible?

Hi Josh,

Let's put it this way-- if a hefty piece of gold bullion was a key and you're on the way out of the house in a rush to catch a plane to a fancy island vacation spot somewhere in Palawan this summer, WOULD YOU LEAVE IT UNDER THE DOORMAT (big turtle)?

tabu

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hi Bro Tabu,

WOULD YOU LEAVE IT UNDER THE DOORMAT (big turtle)? what do you means? Please tell me about what you're idea.

joshua

Frankly, it's anybody's guess. The sign stones are too prominently placed like store display windows that I'm tempted to look elsewhere.

Again, in a deleted post of mine a while back a sign stone-- a heart carved in a rock was the site of a dig by professional TH'ers who suspected that what they were searching for was buried under it. It was abandoned for obvious reasons. The treasure was 100 meters away to the north.

tabu

Last edited:

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its really hard to make a guess when you have no basis at all. our guess could be here , there and everywhere.

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Hi Josh,

It's wild guessing game time! But wait, PM me the gps coordinates of the general area (NOT THE SPOT OR SPOTS where the stone signs or markers are). I might dowse a printout with a lighted piece of hemp at the end of a 6-0 thread dangled close to my nose so that the upward curling smoke will not go to waste.

tabu

joshua2004

Jan 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
General Sōsaku Suzuki from their headquarter to my site 7 kilometers distance.

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
So it's a toss-up between a Central Visayan Island and another which was devastated by Typhoon Haiyan (Typhoon Yolanda). I might even add that your place is very near a bustling metropolis. And a glimpse of your suspect treasure site seemed to suggest the former (CVI).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread