Underwater Detecting

thejmz

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2016
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Friends,
I am America Filipino, living in the Philippines for about the last 6yrs. My family and I do a lot of beach vacations in remote areas of Negros and Panay. I'm an avid diver who's planning on picking up an underwater detector (have my eye on the Excalibur II) when i return to the states for a while in March.

• Are there are divers out there who are into detecting?
  • Could you please share what you've learned?
  • Would anyone care to share/suggest sites and or ideas for underwater hunting in the Philippines? (esp. around Manila, Panay, or Negros)

I'm super excited about this new hobby, that I've yet to officially start. I must have watched 100 videos.

My plan is to hit Boracay first and try and find some rings a few meters below, but after that...i have no idea what's next. Suggestions? Ideas? Violent reactions?

Ingat,
-james

hqdefault.jpg

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TNet! Even underwater you have to be aware of your surroundings. Detecting can distract you so make sure you look around as you go about searching the bottom. Great detector and Best of luck!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Deployed to Naval Air Station Sangley Point in the 60's and ran over to Manila a few times - super country.

OP
OP
T

thejmz

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2016
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try the waters of Mauban, Quezon.

Thanks for the recommendation. Any specific reason or suggested beach?

It's pretty near Manila, so i might be able to make a day trip out of it.

jeffrey_cueva

Nov 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My suggestions:

Any beach of Bataan and Leyte
-During the onset of World War II in the Philippines, the province of Bataan and Leyte were perhaps the most affected areas.
*Bataan an hour boat ride from Manila Bay
*Leyte, an hour air trip

For Spanish Conquistadors, archaeological finds are concentrated in Nasugbu Batangas and Cebu.

OP
OP
T

thejmz

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2016
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My suggestions:

Any beach of Bataan and Leyte
-During the onset of World War II in the Philippines, the province of Bataan and Leyte were perhaps the most affected areas.
*Bataan an hour boat ride from Manila Bay
*Leyte, an hour air trip

For Spanish Conquistadors, archaeological finds are concentrated in Nasugbu Batangas and Cebu.

Great advice, thanks! Are you here in PI? I'm heading to the US in April to pick up my Excal...i'll unbox it and do some lake runs to ensure i don't get taxed upon reentry into the Philippines.

jeffrey_cueva

Nov 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I am a Filipino from Makati. Yes, unbox them. They sure find ways to put tax on anything. Make sure to plastic wrap your bag to avoid the bullet scam. I almost forgot, if you are near Manila or Laguna find a sweet spot without garbage, debris, etc. Check manila bulettin, lots of news about Spanish relics

tim907

Tenderfoot
Dec 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites just came out with a new waterproof detector you might want to look at, the MXSport.

OP
OP
T

thejmz

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2016
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool - i'm in Makati almost every week for work. We should find a place near by and test it out. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread