Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
The first pic is a great blue heron. I can't keep the rotten @#$&%!! out of my pond. They are beautiful birds but they return day after day to steal my bass. Some people here shoot, shovel, and shut up. They are federally protected birds.
The second bird is a cormorant. I've seen those fish stealers in my pond also. They are wreaking havoc with fisherman in the Great Lakes, they weren't much of a problem until recent years. Wish they would all stay south!

OP
OP
colorado14ers

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
fistfulladirt said:
The first pic is a great blue heron. I can't keep the rotten @#$&%!! out of my pond. They are beautiful birds but they return day after day to steal my bass. Some people here shoot, shovel, and shut up. They are federally protected birds.
The second bird is a cormorant. I've seen those fish stealers in my pond also. They are wreaking havoc with fisherman in the Great Lakes, they weren't much of a problem until recent years. Wish they would all stay south!
thanks!!!

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
The first one is a great blue heron, like fistfull said. They are beautiful creatures. We live with a bayou bordering our property, where they hang out. Wonderful wing span. 7-8 feet. Just gorgeous when they take wing in front of you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread