An UpComing Photo Shoot

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
This photo shoot is as much as a challenge as it can be as a personal goal.. I've been given a chance to take some images of my niece wearing a 35th anniversary DayStar t-shirt.. After reading this, a first few things come to mind..

• Niece: Probably some kid thats going to wear a t-shirt and sit in a jeep wrangler (Wrong, She is a model and very interested in this photo shoot)
  • What is DayStar: An aftermarket jeep/truck accessory supplier (Sent me a Promo jeep kit which included the t-shirt and several decals)
  • Jeep Wrangler: Just bought it and it seems to have some history behind it.
  • The Challenge: To have me or my wife stand by the jeep with the t-shirt on.. Not happening.. wife and I are very private so My Niece will stand in.
  • Prelude To The Shoot: Well I wasn't sure what to expect, but after Whitney (my Niece) sent me a few shoots professionally done of her.. I've grown nervous and excited..

So you can see what and why I'm nervous.. she is more of a professional at this then I am.. and by no means do I have great hands or camera equipment.​

Last edited:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One suggestion, don't make it a wet T-shirt shot :laughing7:

What type of camera are you going to use, and what mm will you hoot in. 110m is perfect for a portrait, but will not suffice for this shoot. If you have an adjustable lens, go between 80-100mm and you should be fine :thumbsup:

OP
OP
StoneWhisper

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Sadly.. I just have my Kodak easyshare M1093 camera, and I heard she has one as well.. so I doubt she will be bringing her own photographer with her to the shoot.. this is my project and I'll do the best I can.. Thou having two cameras will help with different angles etc.

As for the above suggestion Not to do the wet shirt.. can't the t-shirt is gray in color..

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, I see you're using a digital camera, not unlike my Nikon Coolpix. I still have several SLR 35mm cameras, and will look into getting B&W film at some point. With the digital camera you are using, you will be limited in your shots.

OP
OP
StoneWhisper

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Still Nothing yet.. Whitney just seems to be very busy these days.. (which is good for her) and I'll not pester her into doing this.. Beside there isn't any real time limit.. and she will come around when she is ready..

OP
OP
StoneWhisper

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I was disappointed to learn that Whitney, has back out of the photo shoot.. and didn't give me any reason why.. along with this.. she has blocked my messages, no longer responds to my emails.. etc.. perhaps was just a ploy.. I've heard that she can be unpredictable.. and after this.. I believe it..

The search continues.. thou it's not as important or as hopeful as it could have been.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess she didn't want her image on the internet, but yet she models :tongue3:

Well good luck on figuring her out :thumbsup:, you'll need it :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread