Garrett Pro Pointer AT (aka "Garrett Carrot") Operating System Type
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ToddB64
  • 1 Post By ToddB64
  • 1 Post By N5XTR

Thread: Garrett Pro Pointer AT (aka "Garrett Carrot") Operating System Type

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2007
    Georgetown, Ohio, USA
    Teknetics Gamma 6000, Tesoro Bandido II µMax and Compadre, White's Classic II, Garrett Ace 250
    53 times
    Metal Detecting

I recently received a reply from Garrett regarding the type of operating system designed for the subject pin pointer.

They said it's a "Static" system, not VLF or PI. That's a new one on me ! Never heard or read of it before.

Can anyone enlighten me on how a static system works, compared to VLF and PI ?

Thanks,

ToddB64
    Honest Samuel likes this.
    Teknetics Gamma 6000,Tesoro Bandido II µMax and Compadre,White's Classic II ,Garrett Ace 250 and Pro-Pointer AT, Treasure Products Vibra-Probe 570, Cen-Tech Pinpointer, Lesche Digger, Arkie Tabdog Hand Digger Replica, Detect USA RatphonesMax, Janster Coin Probe.

us
    Jan 2007
    Georgetown, Ohio, USA
    Teknetics Gamma 6000, Tesoro Bandido II µMax and Compadre, White's Classic II, Garrett Ace 250
    53 times
    Metal Detecting

Hi Everyone !

Since I haven't had any replies to my subject post dated March 28, 2016, I decided to do more research today using Yahoo for the search engine and came up with the following ad on e-Bay.

Note, Static Operation in the ad below.

"Bounty Hunter Metal Detectors Pin Pointer Hand Held Device Static Operation"

You can copy & paste the above ad title (absent quotation marks) into your search engine window, etc. if you want to see it.

As asked in my first post on Mar. 28, "Can anyone enlighten me on how a static system works, compared to VLF and PI ?" Is it superior in some ways ? I would think so since Garrett is using it for the Pro Pointer AT ! Nevertheless, I would appreciate your replies to the questions in this paragraph.

Thanks,

ToddB64
    Last edited by ToddB64; Apr 10, 2016 at 03:47 PM.
    Teknetics Gamma 6000,Tesoro Bandido II µMax and Compadre,White's Classic II ,Garrett Ace 250 and Pro-Pointer AT, Treasure Products Vibra-Probe 570, Cen-Tech Pinpointer, Lesche Digger, Arkie Tabdog Hand Digger Replica, Detect USA RatphonesMax, Janster Coin Probe.

us
    Mar 2014
    KCMO
    60 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    "static" may mean "non-motion". It's basically just copper wire wrapped around a ferrite rod and since it's all metal mode there isn't really any processing going on. Not much of an "operating system" I don't think.

us
    Mar 2016
    SW Oklahoma
    MX Sport Land Ranger Pro ProPointerAT
    120 times
    Metal Detecting
    While trying to find your answer, I looked up the patent number listed on Garrett's site here.

Here is the google patent page here.

and an image of the Propointer AT that I thought was interesting.

From the information provided, the Carrot operates on 11.5 kHz (which is VLF) but does not require movement which indicates Pulse Induction.

us
    Oct 2009
    7467 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I can tell you from the interference I get on some detector frequencies that the carrot is a pulse!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links